No Man's Land: The Rise of Reeker - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

No Man's Land: The Rise of Reeker Reviews

February 22, 2011
Not as Fun as the First But worth watching.
½ February 18, 2011
Oh geezus. WTF is the deal with this movie?
January 23, 2011
fun gore horror which aint to disimlair to the original. You get the origin of the reeker ad some nice bits about his purpose but otherwise its business as usual. Simlair to the original and films like jacobs ladder its still quite fun. The actings what you expect but certainly not as bad as some other low budget fairs and the reeker looks like hes stepped out of house of a 1000 corpses. Some nice gore scenes thou with cut off heads and walking torsos detatched from there bodies. You know where its going but at least its fun getting there. Shame about the rather anticlimatic ending which is seen coming a mile away but it does fill in all the gaps but then balls it all up by having a silly shock ending. harmless schlock much like the orginal.
January 7, 2011
Quite cool actually.
December 29, 2010
I really enjoyed this.
½ December 23, 2010
Wow this has to be one of my contenders for the worst movie of the year. It is that bad. I haven't seen the first one. I didn't know there was a first one before watching it, but this movie will not make me rush to the store to find the first part.

It's one of the lamest scripts plus some pathetic acting and a bad director. The dialogue is the worst i have heard lately. Just when you think that it can not get worse, one of the characters starts explaining how he likes it when fish make love. I know the dialogue and the acting are not so important for the type of movie that NOLROTR is, but on there is nothing that i can say was even mediocre here. Don't think it's because i hate the genre, actually there are some cheaply made, not so well written horror movies i really like. No really, even the twist at the end couldn't save it for me.

So my recommendation is not to waste your time, unless you are a really big fan of the first movie, or the director, or any of the actors. Although i highly doubt it you will remain a fan after watching this.
½ November 5, 2010
Dave Payne etait tellement content d'avoir trouve l'idee de "Reeker" qu'il s'est mis en tête de tourner un remake (pardon...une "suite") de son propre film et de lancer ainsi sa propre petite franchise, tout seul, comme un grand. Bien entendu, cette sequelle ne reservera aucune surprise aux amateurs du premier opus. En dehors du decor (Resto-route plutôt que motel, tu parles d'une revolution!) et d'une mini introduction visant à expliciter la nature de pyschopathe, "No man's land" copie son grand frère jusque dans les moindres details. Mais il le copie très maladroitement, remplaçant les bonnes idees de ce dernier par des trucs complètement à côte de la plaque (un mur invisible plutôt qu'une barrière psychologique pour "clôturer" le theâtre des operations, c'est remarquablement cretin comme trouvaille). L'unique motif d'etonnement proviendra de l'humour complètement loufoque de certaines scènes, alors même que ce "Reeker 2" ne donne aucun signe d'orientation parodique.
November 2, 2010
yawn... muddled and confusing skip this one.
October 17, 2010
pas original mais sympa quand même
½ July 16, 2010
Pretty gross scenes but nr 1 was still way better!
½ June 18, 2010
Loved the first one but this one was pretty boring. Interesting to learn about the back story and I liked the invisible wall bit and the stop motion killer but I soon lost interest and didn't care.
½ April 9, 2010
A little bit better than the original...
March 18, 2010
Not one of the best from the Ghosthouse series. I guess this story has been played out recently or I've seen this scenario too many times, but it just wasn't too enjoyable. If nothing better is on, why not.
½ February 28, 2010
A good film continuing on from Reeker, which is part prequel and sequel. Very similar to the first but if you have seen that, you know what to expect from this. Very good for a low budget film and good to have some back story to the main character. Worth seeing if you liked the f...( read more)irst one.
½ December 14, 2009
Seriously!? Come on this has been done like billions of times and that girl soooo was NOT from jhb annoying!!!!
½ December 2, 2009
Ok, not a patch on the first Reeker though.
November 27, 2009
Not even close to the first one. The visualizing of the bad smell is somehow exaggerated, the characters not that sympathic and all in all it's a little bit boring.
The Beginnig and the end were great though
November 1, 2009
last 15mins only, will make this extra-ord from Ordinary..!!
½ October 25, 2009
I was expecting more of a "Last House" kind of grindhouse flick, so the twist in this one was a nice surprise. It still kind of over stayed it's welcome a bit though, so not a full 3 stars from me.