No Orchids for Miss Blandish - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

No Orchids for Miss Blandish Reviews

½ December 9, 2012
Are you going to give or do I have to take?

A girl that is about to become rich from her father's fortune is scheduled to be married. A robber pulls up to the couple's car one night and kills the fiancÚ and kidnaps the rich daughter. The robbers are part of the mob and a fellow member of the mob, Slim, is assigned to watch the kidnapped daughter. The mob doesn't know slim and the girl have a past and they quickly fall in love with each other and plan to escape, marry, and live the rest of their lives on the run. If the mob finds out their plans, it could be the end of both of them.

"Orchids for Miss Blandish."
"Tell him, no orchids for Miss Blandish."

St. John Legh Clowes, director of Grand Prix, delivers No Orchid for Miss Blandish. The storyline for this picture was way better than I anticipated. The character development is very good and the mob plots and subplots are very good. The acting is very good and the cast includes Jack La Rue, Hugh McDermott, Linden Travers, and Walter Gisham.

"What is a heal like him doing with a dame like that?"
"I know what I'd be doing."

I have no idea why I DVR'd this picture back in October off Turner Classic Movies (TCM)...as I was only DVR'ing horror movies at that time; however, the gangster plot may have peaked my interest. I will say this was much better than I anticipated. The acting and characters were very good and I recommend seeing this picture if you're a fan of the classic gangster films.

"If he's poison then you're slow death."

Grade: A