No Time for Love - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

No Time for Love Reviews

July 17, 2012
there are some good laughs in "no time for love", but it's nothing special.
July 14, 2012
another screwball comedy from this great team (the other is the 'egg and i')
jjnxn
½ September 4, 2011
Agreeable little romantic comedy with Claudette and Fred well matched. The story is lightweight but Leisen was expert at making this kind of fluff enjoyable. June Havoc is sassy as a flashy showgirl.
October 15, 2010
Very nice. Robust little rom-com that came as quite a surprise to me. Namely - it stars MacFred... and I liked it. Even stranger - I liked him in it. Very well cast. As is Colbert, but Best on Ground is Richard Haydn. I haven't seen (or heard) him in much, but he certainly owns [i]The Sound of Music[/i] and [i]Alice in Wonderland[/i], too. Look forward to seeing more of Leisen's stuff. I imagine I'll be getting around to [i]Midnight[/i] soon enough.
½ July 7, 2010
2.5: Great meet cute and it only gets better from there, at least for the first act or so. The scenes of the tunnel construction were fascinating and a wonderful change from the standard screwball/romantic comedy setting. It didn't take a genius to realize the film would return to the tunnel set at some point later in the picture either; a set like that for this type of film needed to be on screen as much as possible in order to make it cost effective. The Irish tunnel construction worker and the famous photographer; great contrast, but it ends up coming up a bit short and conventional in the end. Colbert and MacMurray certainly have chemistry. Sparks literally seem to fly off the screen at some points towards the beginning. The dream sequence is wonderfully hypnotic and original as well. The film eventually lost interest for me though, but this may have been partially due to the fact that I watched it in three sittings over the course of about 10 days while travelling around Thailand. Still, a solidly entertaining example of its genre.