Nobody Speak: Trials of the Free Press Reviews

• Feb 06, 2019

This is not a documentary, it is a Fake News hit piece loaded with half-truths and lies that the biased, unfair Media spreads. This movie is the propaganda of a Media that can't tell the truth.

• Dec 29, 2018

Frightening but believable account of how the wealthy and those in or seeking political office collude to suppress the truth and consolidate their power over information.

• Aug 22, 2018

The Fourth Estate has always been under attack by various groups with various agendas. This is a mixed up documentary with little focus and a muddled message.

• Jul 31, 2018

I never really cared for Nick denton's arrogant interpretation of the first amendment but ... any doubts I had soon dissolved when I saw Donald Trump shaking hands with peter theil. Remember that Facebook was complicit in helping to get trump elected. that was chilling.

• Jul 07, 2018

Everyone needs to watch this

Everyone needs to watch this

• Jun 24, 2018

Felt like a smear movie against people that were against Gawker and a puff piece for Gawker.

• May 25, 2018

Standing up to the President and showing Hulk Hogan's wiener are not equal examples of journalistic integrity. Get over yourself Journalism.

Aldo G Super Reviewer
    May 19, 2018

Supporters of Donald Trump's autocratic rule will not like this documentary which spotlight's the current assault on the fourth estate.

• Apr 04, 2018

I am a progressive, but I have problems with this documentary. As a record of the Hulk Hogan v Gawker trial, it is informative. It also makes a good point that a billionaire like Thiel can bankrupt a media outlet. However, it is hard to prove a 1t amendment case, and if there were no case, Bollea could not have won. The film had plenty of pro 1st amendment voices, but no voices defending right to privacy except Bollea. When the film tries to tie Trump's attacks on the press to the case, it loses the thread of the argument. The media is devolving into conspiracy theory and outright falsehood as well as biased one-sided reporting. The mainstream media were attacked by Trump but they are obsessed by him and basically bow down to him. People should beware that there is absolutely no reasonable expectation of privacy any more, even with the act of sex, the media can report incorrect information with no obligation to correct, hacking by foreign countries is considered okay as long as you are not the one being hacked, and people seem to believe the most outrageous claims without verifying whether they are true. If journalists want to protect the first amendment, they should have some standards and vetting of information. Some still do, and they should continue to do so. We need a free press but a reasonably accurate press as well. This documentary does not consider the real problem.

• Jan 12, 2018

Good, important ... but the structure undercuts the point a bit, and kinda makes it feel long.