Nobody's Baby - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nobody's Baby Reviews

July 24, 2014
(First and only viewing - 3/24/2010)
May 24, 2014
I wasn't expecting much from this but it was actually pretty good. It's one of those tasteless, dark comedies, with loser characters and goofball situations; following two escaped cons who try to make money off of an orphaned infant that one of them rescues from a fatal accident. Skeet Ulrich plays the slightly more intelligent of the two, I wish he would get more roles I always enjoy him and while I couldn't stand Gary Oldman's character (and may never be able to use Chapstick again) he does an amazing job here, almost unrecognizable. Good supporting cast too and a fun story. 05.23.14
½ January 6, 2014
This is a nice movie about a boy becoming a man & embracing fatherhood with open arms.
½ January 2, 2014
This movie took awhile to find its way to your heart but it eventually does. Gary Oldman played his weird character Buford so well it took awhile before I figured out it was Gary. They nailed it in using the name Buford. Anna Gunn looks incredible and I never realized how beautiful she really is and this movie showcases her incredible figure. Skeet Ulrich couldn't have played his part better. His character is the narrator and the star of the movie. His character, Billy has been raised by Buford and has learned his law breaking ways from Buford whom raised him. Even though both are criminals their law breaking past all seems to come from fun, sweet, ignorant, good intentions. They both end up in jail and somehow break free and get separated. Billy tries to get out of the state and hitches his way across the state line and has his trials getting across the state on his own. On his way he rescues a child that was in a car accident that he may have a little bit to do with creating . After the rescue of this child he comes across a group of characters that help house him in their own little dump of a community out in the dessert. Billy falls in love with the baby and decides he wants to be the father. Each cast member involved has their flaws and has something to add to the storyline. Even though Billy is a complete idiot you do fall in love with him and his naive determination. Skeet Ulrich has a new fan and I will be looking forward to his next role.
½ August 28, 2013
Nobody's Baby, or, Something Unfunny Happened On The Way To The Editing Room as the goofy antics of the first half unwisely bump headlong into more serious elements and uneven sentimentality during the second. Very reminiscent of Raising Arizona storywise with its ex-con lead character coming into possession of a baby he wants to raise while living in a trailer in Nevada. I guess they changed states to avoid copyright law.

Skeet Ulrich is a likable numbskull as Billy, and a completely unrecognizable Gary Oldman steals the show as his equally dim partner-in-crime Buford. He's listed as co-executive producer, and that's probably the only way he could secure the role of a densely whiskered, Southwestern-accented redneck with pervasive hemorrhoids, and he nails it. Even the way he wears his clip-on sunglasses is funny! Radha Mitchell provides the dramatic side to the story as Shauna Louise who is physically abused by her live-in boyfriend Peter Greene, the same sleazeball who ran the pawn shop in Pulp Fiction.

Life among this small community of trailer trash shows flashes of potential, but ultimately cannot decide what it wants to be which hurts on the scorecard. Definitely a must-see for Gary Oldman devotees, and appropriate to say that given the Nevada setting, for others it may be a roll of the dice.
½ June 15, 2013
pathetic... And, somebody put money into this garbage... AND IT SHOWS 54% on the Tomato Meter... LORD, Deliver Us from Stupidity.
½ January 6, 2013
Nobody's Baby may start as a comedy, but it takes a few serious turns and then ends up being definitely sentimental. All in all, it was a very watchable movie that in the end has something to say about the qualifications for parenthood--that first and foremost there must be love and that's not a bad message. And this wasn't a bad movie.
July 17, 2012
I like this movie.
It's one of my favorites
December 21, 2011
I actually love this heartwarming, funny movie. It's worth it just to see Gary Oldman, who is once again unrecognizable in his role, line-dancing at the end! HILARIOUS! Oh, and you'll never see Chapstick in the same light again.
½ May 15, 2011
A bizarre and dark comedy, that is not like i expecting.
February 4, 2011
Don't be diswaded from this movie. It has the wonderful feel of an independant film w/ a plot that will make you laugh & make you cry. This sleeper film definatly deserves some noteriety.
½ April 30, 2010
Completely stupid and idiotic. I wouldnt have missed it for the world. Incredible cast, Im sure they are very embarrassed, but still, quirky fun.
March 28, 2010
An offbeat comedy that takes the time to develop not only characters but a plot. You may find yourself caring enough for the new 'father' that the ending could bring a tear it two.
November 15, 2009
As bad as it is - there is a message. The cast improves as it goes on and the dedication to the lost child will impress even a cynic. Life is not all about big - action series and blissful drama.
January 27, 2009
January 22, 2009
Gary Oldman is just wonderful in this movie even though he plays a kind of gross character with questionable hygiene problems. He was funny in this movie, a genre he rarely gets cast for. Too bad his good looks is covered up by that mustache.
December 11, 2008
Tangy & sweet!
Interesting look at life in the gutter with a lot of heart...
November 8, 2008
Pretty sweet and funny throughout, but it is still a Raising Arizona clone. Gotta love Gary Oldman in an almost unrecognizable role.
½ August 24, 2008
This is one of the SWEETEST movies I've ever seen. I have to take off half a point for its racist stereotyping of American Indians. But that's just one character; Skeet Ulrich is adorable, and Gary Oldman is too funny. Brought me to tears a few times, especially at the end. So funny and cute!