noobz - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

noobz Reviews

½ May 29, 2014
I was expecting a good comedy centered around gaming, I mean, it has Jason Mewes of Jay and Silent Bob, but this was a shameful disappointment. Stale and offensive jokes, old, tired gaming memes, terrible dialog, and a rushed and weak ending makes this indie film, about a group of gamers who compete in a gaming tournament, with so much potential a lackluster comedy. Not even Jason Mewes can carry over this disaster of a film. As a big gamer, I was disappointed, and gamers deserve a better film about gaming. Defiantly not recommended for anyone who's a gamer. 3/10
January 1, 2014
Funny movie about a group of cyber athletes that any gamer can enjoy.
December 16, 2013
Noobz can be enjoyed by anyone but people who play video games will appreciate it a little more. This is not a great movie by any means but it does have its moments with some pretty great scenes and lots of laughs. The concept is simple, a clan of online gamers travels to a video game tournament to try and win a big cash prize. There are some crazy things that happen along the way and the general feel of it reminded me of other Jason Mewes movies like Jay and Silent Bob etc. Mewes was the stand out in this film but the rest of the cast fit in well with him. Some parts were questionable and the ending was kind of a let down but overall if you are into video games and enjoy Jason Mewes in his other roles, you might enjoy this one.
December 3, 2013
It's not complete crap. It's one of those subpar Netflix movies you can watch that you won't be bothered with, nor remember much about it after you watch it. Four guys go on a roadtrip to play in a gaming tournament, some hilarity inssues... not much, just some.
½ October 9, 2013
SHORT & SWEET REVIEW: Not even close to the funniest movie focused on gaming culture. Good for some laughs, but not too many.
September 30, 2013
This was the movie for "GAMERS" it showed it all can't wait for Blake Freemens next movie.
September 28, 2013
typical children's type of gamer movie.. it was watchable.. but not much to talk about
August 9, 2013
Dumb but kinda entertaining
August 3, 2013
I went into this with very low expectations and was pleasantly surprised, sort of like grandmas boy.
½ August 1, 2013
a movie that trys to hard and never delivers
July 27, 2013
Not the best production, but if you are gamer nerd and know the actors the movie will be simply awesome!
July 26, 2013
It's not a bad movie, but not a good one either.
½ July 24, 2013
With a better cast, better writing and a better director, this could have been a good comedy movie about gamers competing for a gaming trophy. Of course, it plods along like a bad case of something bad and the acting is borderline atrocious. It isn't all messy and crap though, it has nods to certain gaming slang that made me chuckle and Jason Mewes pushed the envelope by playing a layabout hat-wearing no-hoper who likes to talk about nothing of substance. Oh wait....hehe. I'm as much a fan of Jay and Silent Bob as any other fan, but come on Mewes, change the record.
July 14, 2013
I was searching through Netflix with my friends, and we saw the movie and decides to give it a try, and it turned out pretty funny. I can see why some people didn't like it but I loved it.
½ July 14, 2013
Funny, but someone really dropped the ball with the ending. Completely disconnected from the rest of the movie.
July 3, 2013
Gabriel Popoca u have to see it
½ June 25, 2013
this movie was absolutely terrible. As a gamer I am completely disappointed in it 100% in every way.
June 24, 2013
Decent movie, nothing truly special.
June 22, 2013
Haa!! perfect gamer teash talking
½ June 18, 2013
Holy crap this is a badass gamer movie!!