Norm of the North - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Norm of the North Reviews

June 26, 2017
Norm of the no worth!

Surely my review would annoy those who liked it. But the majority of who saw it was felt just like me. It has been 20 years since the first 3D animated feature film came. Not all the films released in this period were great. Some were technically sounded good and some were stories. If you had seen 'Hoodwinked!', you would know how awesome that story was, despite the poor animation production. But this film failed in all the department.

I recently finished watching the first season of 'Trollhunters' and 'Miraculous Ladybug'. Even the television made products were much better than this film. Small budget, small production house et cetera is not an excuse. Thankfully, this is not the only bad animated feature I've seen so far in my life, but sadly it joins the list of those titles.

Maybe! The little kids could enjoy it, who does not know to differentiate between good and bad. But for the adults, this is definitely skippable film. The best thing about this film was the message it carried, though, even for an animated film and a fantasy film, not convincing enough. It was kind of very similar to 'Delhi Safari'. In some perspective, I thought it was a remake of that. There are lots of other films similar to this like 'Chole & Theo', 'Happy Feet' and so on that you can try them instead.

2/10
June 18, 2017
10/10 would see again. Amazing movie.
½ June 17, 2017
Honestly...wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
½ June 17, 2017
Not as bad as people say, but that does not stop this from being a lazy, boring, forgettable, boring, waste of time. Did I say this was boring?
½ June 16, 2017
Boring, stupid, etc is EVERYTHING this film is.
June 12, 2017
OMG THIS MOVIE WAS HORRIBLE!!! DO NOT WATCH AT ALL COSTS!!!
June 2, 2017
What the hell is this!! What sane person would greenlight this and put it in theaters no less? This wouldn't even pass for a sraight-to video film.
½ May 27, 2017
So immature, boring, unfunny, idiotic, and repetitive. It's just.. atrocious.
May 27, 2017
Worst animated film of 2016. No question about it.
½ May 23, 2017
Critics and audiences seemed to really hate this one. While I will admit that it really isn't anything special, I didn't hate it as much as everyone else did. The story is fairly generic, and the animation isn't overly special. It is mediocre, but not a train wreck.
½ May 11, 2017
One of the worst movies ever. Wish I fell asleep. DO NO WATCH
½ May 9, 2017
Quality is wretched and don't even get me started on the camera angles.
½ May 3, 2017
It's so Boring, Stupid, and rather forgettable: I give Norm of the North 1 and a half Lemmings-Minion rip offs out of five.
½ April 28, 2017
Worst theatrical animated movie of all time!
April 23, 2017
Honestly one of the best movies I've ever seen
April 15, 2017
This has a mix of a hammered down environmental message, horribly cliched story, bland characters, cheap animation, unbearable humor, and hip and modern scenes. Never watch this.
April 3, 2017
170403: I'm so glad I borrowed this film from the library instead of seeing it at the theatre. I'm shocked it even made the theatre. Alpha and Omega (2011) level animation without any endearing characters.
March 31, 2017
Norm of the North

I would like to start by saying that I am a big fan of children films, tv shows, etc... This movie was not made to be on the big screen. Norm of the North is a animated child's movie that even Children would fine boring. The animation is not on that bad BUT it falls short on delivering an animated film fit for the big screen. It falls in between a TV movie in the big screen. And with lackluster characters that are just not memorable. This may not be the film to keep your kids entertained.

Norm (voiced by Rob Schneider) is a polar bear from the arctic. He finds his home being invaded by real estate company from New York wanting to build condos. Wait, Condos in the Arctic? Even from the start just reading a summery of the movie you will find it sounding out there even for a kids movie. Some of the movie cast are; Billy Nighy, Ken Jeong, and Heather Graham. So it has some small star power in it. So, when you have a story that doesn't make since and humor that falls fate on its face.

The story takes parts of other animated movie and don't hide it. Taking from "Happy feet" the I one person to go save it's people. Even trying to play in dancing. The having silly sidekicks like the Penguins from Madagascar. A children's animated movie that is going to be on the big screens you need to have some original humor and characters that both the kid and parents will enjoy. It's not that you can't barrow from other movie but it has to blend together nicely to make a good movie. When you put it all together you get Norm of the North. I give the story of this film half a star.

The animated side of thing it's not that bad. The art design is a pretty generic animated kids movie feel to it. The textures on the bears at times looked really nice but there were other time where it just look really bad. It was the same with the rest of the movie. You would have one building look really good but the rest look eh. The movie falls in the weird in between. It's not the worst but it's a little more then a TV movie. For the animation I give it one star.

With everything being said this isn't the worst movie I've watched but not the best. It should not have been in theaters. It just does not have the animation or story to really hold up. I would say pass on this movie. There are better movies for your kids to watch. I give this movie one star.
½ March 29, 2017
One of the worst animated films I've ever seen. The story is ridiculous, the humor is stupid, overall this was a pointless movie. Honestly, not sure why I sat through this boring, ridiculous movie. It's right up there with the worst animated movie I've ever seen.
½ March 12, 2017
I gave this one star because my 3 yea old actually watched it all the way through, and half a star for the voice "talent" behind the characters. The actor's who provide their voices could have been amazing but the writing and direction led to mediocre performances. While he watched it he didn't laugh once. It's not very funny, and it's not very creative. However, it didn't make me want to beat my head into a wall either. It's not memorable as a good or as a bad movie. It's very blah.