Norma Jean and Marilyn - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Norma Jean and Marilyn Reviews

½ August 17, 2015
for a HBO pic this one has alot of shine & glitz to it.
½ October 20, 2012
simply awful. I love Marilyn but this movie is bloody awful.
August 3, 2012
Interesting take on the early life of Marilyn. Kind of wish Ashley Judd would have played the part throughout.
June 7, 2012
Surreal in places and much darker than My week with Marilyn. It is a stroke of genius having Ashley Judd as Norma Jean and once she goes under the knife and becomes Marilyn Mira Sorvino takes over but Norma Jean remains in a ghostly presence haunting Marilyn and pushing her further and further into darker places of fame. This is a really great version of the Marilyn Monroe story. Sexy, Nasty, Twisted, Funny and heart braking.
May 31, 2012
This was seriously one of the worst movies that I have ever seen, the portrayal of Marilyn was ok but to literal I think they should have done it in a more creative way. For those who know nothing of Marilyn this movie is absolutely great but for those who are interested in actors with better acting jobs Never EVER WATCH THIS MOVIE.
March 31, 2012
Didn't think much of this, but Ashley is lovely.
March 18, 2012
I thought having both Judd and Sorvino playin Monroe before and after her fame was a great idea. Especially having Judd reappear in the mind of the famous Monroe. Touched on all basics of her life, would've liked more on the Kennedy affair. Great biopic done differently.
½ February 15, 2012
HBO produced this portrayal of the creation of Marilyn Monroe. It contains T&A and shows us a much more psychologically broken (split personality) version of the icon. Of course the casting lends itself to this. Ashley Judd plays Norma Jean, though there are flashbacks to earlier events in her childhood with younger actresses too. Even when Norma Jean goes through the transformation to become Marilyn Monroe, played by Mira Sorvino, Judd as Norma Jean still appears to Marilyn to push her to success. We meet most of the men who were Norma Jean/Marilyn's lovers or husbands and this shows us the many phases that made up her life. This tv movie casts a wide net over the events that made Marilyn who she was, but through it all Judd is the strongest presence at its center.
½ February 15, 2012
It's a very sad true story, although I'm not sure how accurate it is. Mira Sorvino was great.
February 15, 2012
Had a little trouble following the story from time to time, fellt like some parts of the movie went missing. Otherwise it was ok.. she really didn't have a glorious life all the time..
February 15, 2012
I'm not sure how honest an adaptation this is of her life as I've seen others. The lead actress did ok. Sometimes she was Marilyn other times it didn't work. Combs has a very small part as Clift as he and Marilyn have an emotional evening with drugs.
iLeo
½ February 15, 2012
Quite interesting story plot that centralizes on the life of the Hollywood starlet. Great cast- Ashley Judd, Mira Sorvino, and Josh Charles. Worthy!
February 15, 2012
It's well acted and everything, but whoever researched it and wrote the script, messed up a lot of stuff and there are tons of inaccuracies and over dramatized accounts and some made up stuff that does not even happen in Marilyn's life. If you're a true Marilyn fan, you know what I mean... and it's easy to spot these inaccuracies. I like the acting, the story sucked... too much wrong with it to enjoy.
½ November 14, 2011
I read, and own.. the exact book this was based on. They don't match up in the slightest. They make Marilyn out to be a huge bimbo, when really her entire life was striving to be taken seriously. It takes nearly ever rumor or gossip and brings it to life on screen.. and doesn't give you an ounce of any merit Marilyn had.. awful!
October 11, 2011
a movie that is only half good, and therfore only 1/4 of being great. Ashley Judd is great as norma Jean, but Mira sorvino is a horrible Marilyn. she seems to be trying too hard, instead of letting things flow natually.
FilmFanatik
December 27, 2010
Didn't think much of this, but Ashley is lovely.
½ November 28, 2010
This is NOT at ALL true!!! Read her memoir she wrote called 'My Story' by Marilyn Monroe. This is a disgrace of a movie!!! Next time get the facts right!! This film is 80 percent FALSE!!!!!!!!!! I know, I am A HUGE Marilyn fan, since I was 4.
November 16, 2010
fiction fiction fiction.
June 9, 2010
Might have seen it once, but was so interesting I want to see it again!
February 8, 2010
Let's face it, this is a tv movie with a low budget. Her biggest fans don't really want to hear it, but in real life she wasn't really legendary. Ashley Judd gives a nice performance and you'll like her sarcastic performance. What surprised me was how well Mira Sorvino gets Marilyn's movements. For a tv movie this is outstanding and I actually thought that this had just been a low budget film when I first saw it. Now in comments there have been some inputs that they didn't like it because...they didn't like what was said about Marilyn. There is one thing displaying bad things about someone and there is displaing factual errors. Now critics were not against this films, and there are no major factual errors that are displayed in this film.