Norma Jean and Marilyn Reviews

• Aug 17, 2015

for a HBO pic this one has alot of shine & glitz to it.

for a HBO pic this one has alot of shine & glitz to it.

• Oct 20, 2012

simply awful. I love Marilyn but this movie is bloody awful.

simply awful. I love Marilyn but this movie is bloody awful.

• Jun 07, 2012

Surreal in places and much darker than My week with Marilyn. It is a stroke of genius having Ashley Judd as Norma Jean and once she goes under the knife and becomes Marilyn Mira Sorvino takes over but Norma Jean remains in a ghostly presence haunting Marilyn and pushing her further and further into darker places of fame. This is a really great version of the Marilyn Monroe story. Sexy, Nasty, Twisted, Funny and heart braking.

• Mar 31, 2012

Didn't think much of this, but Ashley is lovely.

Didn't think much of this, but Ashley is lovely.

• Feb 15, 2012

It's a very sad true story, although I'm not sure how accurate it is. Mira Sorvino was great.

• Feb 15, 2012

It's well acted and everything, but whoever researched it and wrote the script, messed up a lot of stuff and there are tons of inaccuracies and over dramatized accounts and some made up stuff that does not even happen in Marilyn's life. If you're a true Marilyn fan, you know what I mean... and it's easy to spot these inaccuracies. I like the acting, the story sucked... too much wrong with it to enjoy.

• Nov 14, 2011

I read, and own.. the exact book this was based on. They don't match up in the slightest. They make Marilyn out to be a huge bimbo, when really her entire life was striving to be taken seriously. It takes nearly ever rumor or gossip and brings it to life on screen.. and doesn't give you an ounce of any merit Marilyn had.. awful!

• Oct 30, 2011

Had a little trouble following the story from time to time, fellt like some parts of the movie went missing. Otherwise it was ok.. she really didn't have a glorious life all the time..

• Oct 11, 2011

a movie that is only half good, and therfore only 1/4 of being great. Ashley Judd is great as norma Jean, but Mira sorvino is a horrible Marilyn. she seems to be trying too hard, instead of letting things flow natually.

• Nov 28, 2010

This is NOT at ALL true!!! Read her memoir she wrote called 'My Story' by Marilyn Monroe. This is a disgrace of a movie!!! Next time get the facts right!! This film is 80 percent FALSE!!!!!!!!!! I know, I am A HUGE Marilyn fan, since I was 4.