North - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

North Reviews

½ July 20, 2016
Not the worst but by no means the best
June 15, 2016
Boy divorces parents and sets off on a journey to find suitable ones. Don't waste your time on this kiddie road pic stuffed with unnecessary cameos.
June 13, 2016
A disappointing, humiliating and baffling misstep by Rob Reiner. Just when and where did the whole movie go wrong? The concept was unique for a children's film like this for its time, and some noted star power like the then-upcoming Elijah Wood (Lord of the Rings trilogy), Bruce Willis (Die Hard series), Dan Aykroyd (The Blues Brothers) and even the Seinfeld duo of Jason Alexander and Julia Louis-Dreyfus certainly did seem like it could help make this movie work, and yet - with every chance that this movie had been given - it was executed in the worst way possible.
½ February 5, 2016
What a piece of trash.

Zero Stars
February 2, 2016
A fun movie. This all star cast had done an outstanding job.

I think what drew me to watching this movie was seeing Elijah Wood (North) act as Tevye.

There is some witty humour in this movie, coupled with the cast should make this movie a classic.

From a philosophical point of view I think this movie speaks to all of us and the freedom we all obtain when we learn to appreciate our parents and realize that there is more to them then meets the eye...
½ November 17, 2015
One of the most distasteful movies anyone will witness! Imagine at a comedy club where a comedian tells the least funny and most offensive jokes imaginable on purpose for 90 minutes. That's this film in a nutshell!
November 17, 2015
A fair kids adventure, but the film is completely spoiled by the worst type of cinema cliche possible.
½ November 13, 2015
North is one of the most sinfully abysmal films i have ever been given the chore to sit through. The humor was non existent, the cultural stereotypes were extraordinarily derogatory, vile and tasteless, and is just overall a very ugly film. i give this filth 0/5 stars.
October 16, 2015
I watched the Siskel and Ebert reviews, saying that this is one of the worst movies they ever had to review. That's saying alot considering they reviewed Batman and Robin, Godzilla not to mention the Tom and Jerry movie. While I don't think it's really that bad, I'm not saying this is that good of a movie either. It's got a creative story that I think could have potential, but it just didn't work out that well as a whole. The ending really pissed me off though. Wait....Rob Reiner directed this? I guess this might be where his list of weaker films started.
September 15, 2015
I guess I'm in the minority with this one. I loved this as a kid and watched it again recently and it's still enjoyable. Maybe nostalgia?
½ September 13, 2015
Unfunny, boring, and blatantly racist to a point that even anti-PC people would get offended, North is a film that is well deserving of Roger Ebert's famous quote: "I hated this movie. Hated hated hated hated hated this movie. Hated it. Hated every simpering stupid vacant audience-insulting moment of it. Hated the sensibility that thought anyone would like it. Hated the implied insult to the audience by its belief that anyone would be entertained by it."
August 15, 2015
Rob Reiner directs another good family drama
May 13, 2015
I think I threw up after watching this
April 21, 2015
Needs less ethnic stereotypes and more Bruce Willis in a pink bunny suit. I give it one star because it's fun to hear critics get mad at it.
March 25, 2015
No stars. Roger Ebert was right in "hating hating hating hating" this movie. It's as moronic and devoid of wit as any family movie can get. And it's a star-studded affair too! Everybody shows up to embarrass themselves and/or a specific ethnic group. Sounds like quite a party. However, this is one party you, the viewer, will be glad you weren't invited.
½ March 4, 2015
The opens with decent music and some nice visuals and than slam you into it's vulgar and mean-spirited tone.North isn't only the worst family film ever made, it's the WORST movie I have EVER seen. I can't believe how unfunny it is, I can't believe how cruel and mean spirited it is. And how stupid the characters are. How could these talented actors and directors create this pure evil in cinema? Yeah pure evil, I hate this movie that much, this is the worst film I've ever seen. THE WORST!!!!! No kid should see it, no adult should see it, no one should see it. This is pure evil. PURE EVIL. It has NOTHING TO OFFER ANYONE!!!! Movies are going to have to try hard to get me to hate them as much as North from now on .5/5 Abomination
October 1, 2014
Neat movie for the time period it was made. Imaginative for children. This movie will not only make you think but will also teach a lesson about the need for parents and children to take the time for each other.
½ September 29, 2014
A disgusting, loathsome piece of filth. One of the worst excuses for children's entertainment I've seen. Everyone involved should be ashamed.
½ September 6, 2014
One of the worst movies ever made.