The North Avenue Irregulars - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The North Avenue Irregulars Reviews

½ July 31, 2008
This is a hilarious movie! You have got to watch it if you haven't seen it before.
½ July 1, 2008
Some very funny moments.
June 14, 2008
Love it way too much!
May 21, 2008
This is a really funny movie. It just keeps going.
April 3, 2008
A funny and typically Disney movie. Worth seeing.
March 7, 2008
hilarious and fun to watch.
½ February 28, 2008
Very Funny with great character actreses and Laechman is a scream.
½ December 27, 2007
Hilarious charectors! I love this movie!
December 17, 2007
My favorite comedy of all time. You laugh so hard you fall off the couch.
½ December 14, 2007
Love the part with the nails...
½ November 24, 2007
Funny Disney comedy caper, church women against the mob. What makes it for me are the characters played by Barbara Harris and especially Cloris Leachman, whose 'Fantom Fox' finale makes you pee your pants!
November 9, 2007
Awesome movie, this movie makes you wish your church was this cool.
November 7, 2007
I watched this when it was new....still I really like it. And I know own a station wagon that gets wacked at the end.
October 7, 2007
I watched this movie when I was a teen ager at the theater and I went a few times the same week since I thought it was so funny. Later on as a grown up I ordered it thru a movie place on VHS since they didnt have the CD and I have it at home. I can honestly say this is one funny movie and I recomend it for people or all ages. Loved Edward Herrman as the pastor or preacher and all the church ladies (and the one old guy) who help him catch the bad guys. Also if you like car wrecks this one is for you. LOL
September 17, 2007
Edward Herrmann has one of the weirdest careers in the history of film, I swear. The two movies I, personally, know him best in are this, in which he plays a minister, and [i]Lost Boys[/i], in which he (spoiler) plays the head vampire. Also, he's on [i]Gilmore Girls[/i], he narrates about half the stuff on the History Channel, and he does car commercials by the, well, truckload. I could go on, but you get the idea.

In this, he's Reverend Mike Hill, pastor of the North Avenue Presbyterian Church. Through a brief series of misadventures, $1206 of his church's money ends up in the hands of the mob. When he loses his cool and complains about it on the local television station's Sunday night prayer message, the Treasury Department comes looking for him to help them battle the mob. Which he does with the help of six ladies (and the husband of one, in drag) from the church.

It's Disney. Live action Disney from 1979. What do you expect, quality?

Actually, I saw this movie a lot as a kid. It was one of the ones that they played on the Disney Channel all the time. Thus, unlike practically every other kid of my generation, this is how I think of him first. Riding a motorcycle through the streets of New Camden with no pants on. (This is one of those moments that works in the film but takes a [i]long[/i] time to explain if you haven't seen it.) It's not very good, even as live action Disney movies from the '70s go, but it's one of my favourites.

The moral of the film is simple--organized crime [i]bad[/i]!--but the hijinks are entertaining, and it'll certainly keep kids occupied for an hour and a half. Heck, it'll keep me occupied for an hour and a half, too.
August 19, 2007
The best movie ever made. So funny! Took me a long time to realise it was Gilmore Girls' Edward Herrmann who played the minister. He looks so young! Way to go ladies!
August 16, 2007
cheesy..yes, but 70s disney movies were the best. and lots of cars get wrecked. doesnt get much better.
½ August 8, 2007
hilarious, one of the best Disney movies ever.
July 30, 2007
Classic. I love everything about this movie. If you haven't seen it, you don't know what good movies are!
July 17, 2007
it's amazing. you have to watch it.