Noordzee, Texas (North Sea Texas) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Noordzee, Texas (North Sea Texas) Reviews

September 29, 2016
A rather melancholy film, with great performances, and sharp direction. Even if the film ends a little abruptly
August 2, 2016
Very well-known story line but represented with beautiful cinematography.
February 29, 2016
I loved North Sea Texas. I was a lot like Pim. Shy, dreamy, curious, romantic, strong-willed, and resolute. After reading what audience members and critics had to say, I noticed no one has mentioned the smaller boy lying at the water's edge, drowned I suppose, when Pim runs naked across the beach. Is the drowned boy a dream? Who is he? I don't know how he'd fit into the plot, and he might confuse an audience when the next scene is a funeral procession, presumably for Gino and Sabrina's mom. This movie really gets to your heart. For me the point is unconditional acceptance. Maybe the somewhat wooden and two-dimensional characters are that way for this reason.
½ January 17, 2016
Beautiful in many ways,fantastic cinematography, a very well-known storyline,but still with the amazing talents of the young lead it managed to deliver in all possible ways.
October 18, 2015
hard to understand, but good movie.
March 22, 2015
After finding this movie on complete accident through IMDB's "People who liked this also liked..." thing, I figured I'd give this film a shot. I thought it looked decent, nothing amazing, so I didn't go in with amazingly high expectations or anything. I'm sad to say the film couldn't live up to my rather low expectations. All I really wanted from this movie was for it to present with me a teenage boy who I could sympathize with. I didn't even really need a strong, relatable character. Just someone I could feel for. I didn't get that. The main character, and everyone else for that matter, was so bland and emotionless. He looked like he didn't want to be on set. It made it kind of difficult to really care about what was happening. In the end, the movie just turned out rather boring, unfortunately.
March 8, 2015
A frustrating drama that uses a teenage boy's sexual awakening to shape a narrative that drags so unforgivably and seems constructed solely around endless silences, "meaningful glances" and contrived situations, and it doesn't help a bit that the acting is terrible.
January 29, 2015
Discovered this little gem on Netflix :)
½ December 30, 2014
Sweet coming of age movie, sincere and tender. Both of the young actors did a pretty good job.
December 28, 2014
Another sweet gay film. The moments between the boys are subtle and far from explicit and that makes them even more meaningful in my opinion.
½ November 16, 2014
My lingering affection results from the emotional atmosphere it creates from it's central character's internal world. It's an otherwise spare, fumbling and frustrating film... But an affecting one.
June 22, 2014
A heartwarming movie with a flair of optimism about the romantic relationship of two teenage guys from the coast of Belgium with a (thankfully) happy ending :)
½ May 19, 2014
dutch queer self discovery slice of life story
March 14, 2014
This movie is beautifully shot. The actors did a fine job bringing together the characters. I really felt the emotions of Pim and how he felt towards Gino.
½ February 15, 2014
I must be missing something because this movie got great reviews. However, I found it boring, slow, and pointless
January 26, 2014
A surly teenager comes of age in a Belgian coastal village.
A soulful tale of first love performed by a decent ensemble. Shot with a sombre palette, which matches the mood of the piece. A worthy film for a debut feature director.
January 11, 2014
Poignant and touching, impressive performances. What a nice find on Netflix.
November 1, 2013
Simple, straightforward, and just plain enjoyable.
½ August 3, 2013
Beautifully shot, nostalgic piece that effortlessly, albeit not originally, explores sexuality and adolescence, with deft performances from the three young leads.
½ July 19, 2013
A film that is more real than you might think. It really hits home if you're one who has experienced what Pim goes through. I don't think the lack of emotions hurt the film at all, it serves its purpose here and has meaning. Recommended.