Noordzee, Texas (North Sea Texas) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Noordzee, Texas (North Sea Texas) Reviews

July 14, 2013
the story feels a bit underdeveloped, nevertheless, the atmosphere is well created. Could have, and should have been more...
June 14, 2013
A quietly touching Belgian film about a young boy's coming of age and yearning for love.
½ May 14, 2013
Very touching coming of age story. I thought the cast and script worked well together.
April 18, 2013
This is a truly amazing movie.
½ April 4, 2013
Beautiful Dutch drama
April 4, 2013
Truly out of the ordinary, fresh and perfectly paced, doesn't fall into one cliche, not one.
½ April 2, 2013
It's worth noting that the film is based on a different setting. So people must remember that cultural backgrounds may be a bit unsettling and confusing. Nonetheless, the film exerts genuine acting and simple scenes that may be all to familiar. Making this film engaging and touching in a sense. With its nostalgic cinematography and convincing cast. The film is very recommended.
½ March 29, 2013
½ March 27, 2013
A sweet coming of age film, that serves as the younger Brokeback Mountain
March 21, 2013
Beautiful, often dreamlike look at boy's same-sexual awakening nails mania of first love, but final act conflict flails.
March 21, 2013
I loved this movie. The storyline is very good and the cting is very well.
March 3, 2013
A very heartwarming story and a concept that's very personal to me. Its length and pacing gives it a morose tone despite what could have been a happier story and it feels a little impersonal when it's not in your own tongue, both being understandable. "North Sea Texas" is a bit vague with it's storytelling, but the sweet and realistic nature of it made it enjoyable nevertheless. A very good movie overall.
March 2, 2013
Tough but heartwarming story of young love
March 1, 2013
I have very mixed feelings about this movie. On the one hand I don't feel like this movie gives me much to think about. The subject matter -- coming of age and young love -- is played out, and the movie dwells too much on its aesthetics. Having said that, there is some beautiful cinematography, and the relationship between the two main characters is convincing. The very last scene in particular was done so well it still lingers in my mind.
½ February 24, 2013
Very well crafted look and tone, but a little too lite on the development.
February 23, 2013
gay, not interested.
½ February 15, 2013
Movie about gay kids ? Awesome. That's what America needs.
February 15, 2013
"North Sea" was simply beautiful and sometimes weird. Jelle Florizoone was very young and brilliant along with a good cast.
January 12, 2013
One of the best movies I've ever seen; It's under the "coming of age" gay genre but It's different in a good way from other movies that claim that they are in the genre. In this movie I was glad that I didn't have to stand boring and shitty themes like drugs, prostitution or bad plotted tragedy; Instead it left me a good impression and also it gave me back memories and that I felt identified with the main character. It's very touching and it has excellent cast. The only thing that would made this film perfect is that the end should last at least 10 minutes more....
And what makes me most sad is the fact that a movie like this, even as good as it is, is not well accepted in most movie theaters for delivering themes so forbidden in our society, not as it used to be in the 60's where the movies in portrayed but there's still a lot of people who can't understand that a man can love either a woman or a man too.