Northfork - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Northfork Reviews

½ November 20, 2015
Many things don't fit together. Nick Nolte as a priest in a non-catholic church?
Why have such old cars from the 30s and 40s yet with a 55 Chevy? Cows out on a desert? Seems to be fantasy like a Bergman movie.
366weirdmovies
½ April 27, 2014
In 1955, officials try to convince reluctant residents of Northfork, Montana (one of who has built an ark) to leave before the town is flooded by new dam construction; meanwhile, a dying orphan meets a ghostly family and tries to convince them to take him with them. The mildly surreal Big Sky spirituality here may be too dry to inspire as intended, but it does set a unique and thoughtful mood.
½ May 27, 2013
Strange allegorical movie. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out the allegory. Loved Nick Nolte & the oddball quartet. Wish it would have been just a little more accessible while maintaining the sense of magical possibilities.
April 12, 2013
Completely disappointed. It held promise but never delivered.
½ February 11, 2013
It's a strange trip, something like David Lynch and Lars von Trier with a soul. Bizarre, sometimes playing almost like a theatre piece, others with an epic scope beneath vast wastelands. A meditation on the american spirit, and it's intertwining relationship with god and spirituality. There is no character to which to relate, and none of said characters are more than abstract representations of angels, life, death, or god. So, to say it is dense, but original. Like a fever daydream.
December 5, 2012
"There's nothing fowl about these wings"
November 18, 2012
"Don't let your motherly nature interfere with your manhood."
½ July 11, 2012
Unforgettable fable that feels like dreaming.
½ June 2, 2012
the weirdest thing I have ever seen... ever.
April 18, 2012
It has style and symbolism, but not much entertainment.
½ April 17, 2012
A visually interesting journey, it runs out of steam when it becomes clear that the story is quite simple, and the characters one dimensional...there is little excitement, no joy, and almost no reason to watch this film, unless you are intimately familiar with the historical events it depicts: the events preceding the flooding of an inhabited valley to make way for a man-made lake.
½ February 8, 2012
I luved this movie, it was sucha good idea, I didn't understand sumthings but still, i luved da visual, music, story and characters.
bbcfloridabound
October 19, 2011
What the Hell was I watching. Two Stars
July 6, 2011
Don't ask me what happened in this movie, because I'm not entirely sure. What I do know is that it kept me watching.
½ March 30, 2011
visually appealing, lot's of lovely ambiguous symbolism. definitely a leftfield sort of film.
March 1, 2011
I wanted to like it, and I was very intrigued, but it wasn't good enough to satisfy.
February 8, 2011
A strange, unbalanced movie that tries to do way too much, and I'm not really aboard with the historical fantasy mishmash thing. It was beautiful, though.
January 30, 2011
weird and beautiful ... just loaned my copy to a friend .. recommend ...
August 13, 2010
A very strange and beautiful film.