Nothing Lasts Forever Reviews

• May 19, 2019

Marvelous 1940's fantasy made in 1984. Too bad it's so rarely seen.

Marvelous 1940's fantasy made in 1984. Too bad it's so rarely seen.

• Oct 02, 2015

If I could give it zero stars I would. I think the only way this movie would be enjoyable is with the introduction of some mind altering drugs...... No never mind there's nothing that would make this movie enjoyable. Hey is that Bill Murray? Yep! But his appearance does nothing to help this completely abysmal mess. Save yourself a lot of pain and have a root canal instead of watching this movie!

• Sep 03, 2015

Great movie. Lucky I got to see it before Warner brothers pulled it from YouTube. This is a great classic gem that deserves to be seen. Sad they won't release it.

• Jun 23, 2015

I just saw a bootleg copy of this rarely seen film from Tom Schiller, a man behind some short films that aired on SNL years ago. I have to say I found this to be a wonderfully creative and entertaining film. It is a sci-fi/fantasy film, shot like it was made in the 1930s, about a young man longing to be an artist, and who ends up going to the moon on a bus full of old people going there to shop. It is whole-heartedly weird, but kind of wonderful too. I kind of loved it, and I wish it had gotten a proper release and Schiller had been given a shot to make other films.

• Jan 09, 2015

total un SNL pic from SNL lorne michaels

total un SNL pic from SNL lorne michaels

• Jan 05, 2015

Tom Schiller's bold, magical absurdist quest for beauty, art and love in a world gone mad.

• Jan 04, 2015

What a trip! I can appreciate this film on so many levels. Probably not for everyone.

• Jan 03, 2015

So bizarre and funny, but definitely not for everyone. Reminds me of the Powell/ Pressburger BLIMP or STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN in spirit, and early Coen Brothers in theme/ tone. I'd even throw in early Burton as well, given the odd, odd plot: an artist returns to NY and a job with the Transit Office only to be sucked into the art underworld and sent to the moon -- via bus. The film never received theatrical release or home video release, so I caught it on Turner Classic Movies, who premiered it on January 4th, 2015.

• Jul 13, 2014

Indie before there was indie... still indie.

Indie before there was indie... still indie.

• Jul 10, 2014

(***): [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon14.gif[/img] A strange but interesting film.