Reviews

• Feb 16, 2021

Los actores son muy simpáticos, las escenas son simpáticas, hasta la historia es simpática y el dinero es muy muy simpático. Esta película demuestra que con Mucho Dinero se puede hacer una autopelícula entretenida para un público específico, esto no quiere decir que la película sea 100% real.

• May 15, 2020

Awfull movie, It was a propaganda for the billionaire televangelist Edir Macedo. What a waste of time. It doesn't reflects reality at all.

• Apr 21, 2020

This movie was absolutely a great inspirational and inspiring religious movie. I was blown away and greatly inspired. It shows what I feel is a true depiction of a man of God who trusted God explicitly and who truly wanted to led people to the only true God Jesus Christ. He showed what a true pastor and, disciple should be and what the church of God should really depict. It is a must see for every Christian.

• Oct 04, 2019

This movie is deceptive propaganda for a corrupt Brazilian evangelist, Edir Macedo. Macedo is a billionaire who preaches the "prosperity gospel." In essence, this is the doctrine that a good relationship with God results in wealth. But watch the movie, and you'll get a completely different picture of Macedo. In the movie, Macedo is a humble servant of God who only seeks to save souls by letting them know about Jesus. Nothing about accumulating wealth comes up--either his own or the wealth of his parishioners. The movie is engaging though somewhat predictable and hammed-up. I felt deceived, however, when I read later about Macedo on Wikipedia.

• Sep 17, 2019

Quote: "You think you are the only one who has God? God is on my Side Too."

Quote: "You think you are the only one who has God? God is on my Side Too."

• Jul 20, 2019

Film autofinanciado con fines propagandísticos.

Film autofinanciado con fines propagandísticos.

• Jun 23, 2019

I don't have a problem with showing a good side of a character that has done some wrong, but this movie seems to paint Edir Macedo as a hero. He is most certainly not. The movie shows the Brazilian government issuing an arrest warrant for him, but does not show the reason why they did that. That reason is exploitation and corruption. I guess everyone deserves a right to free speech, but shame on Netflix for helping to propagate this lie. In real life, I once met a poor woman who was "saving up" for special sandals, sandals which could be bought at the time for R$3.00 at a supermarket or something. Her pastor at the Universal church had told her that she could get closer to god if she were to buy it from the church for R$50.00. That is the Universal church of the Kingdom of God. This should be especially shameful in a country like Brazil, where this sort of money could have gone a long way for someone like her. No matter what religion you believe, if God is watching the affairs of man, I hope this does not go unpunished. I thought the film was well done, well produced, with decent acting, but this should be seen for what it is a propaganda film, and not truth.

• Apr 25, 2019

This movie is a fraud in several ways. It is pure propaganda, financed by billionaire Edir Macedo to make him look like some sort of hero, but the truth is, he and his institution have been accused of all sorts of crimes. Also, the movie producers brag about it's huge financial success, but most of the tickets where bought by Macedo's church to make him seem more popular.

• Aug 05, 2018

Besides being formally atrocious, it's also a scandalously anachronistic film. (Mauro Lanari)

• May 25, 2018

The movie Nothing to Lose showed me that God's will goes beyond our weaknesses and the obstacles we encounter. Bishop Macedo never stopped fighting to do God's will, we must follow his example of faith and perseverance. God will provide the tools we need but is up to us whether we use them or not.