November - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

November Reviews

December 19, 2008
One tragedy. Three narratives of the same. Interestingly done. Slightly reminiscent of Sixth Sense but mysterious enough to work. Cox does a swell job at conveying shock, denial, confusion.
½ December 10, 2008
I'm generally a fan of movies that don't spoon-feed you the answers, but rather, allow you to draw your own interpretations (i.e. David Lynch). While November might be a little too ambitious for its own good, it's a moody, haunting movie. Courteney Cox Arquette was really great here, she really needs to take on more dramatic roles.
½ November 23, 2008
it was a good role for Courteney Cox but to be honest it was not that good.....filming wasnt that successful as i thought it would be with a Digital Camera....and the scenes movement wasnt that clear
½ November 11, 2008
no entendi nada....mmmm
½ October 6, 2008
Aquele tipico filme ruim q cortam ele em vários pedaços pra fazer o roteiro ficar interessante
September 25, 2008
huh? ummm i think... maybe I know
½ September 18, 2008
I liked it. Kinda confusing, but nice and haunting. It's nice to see Courtney Cox break out of her 'Friends' role. Overall, not too bad.
September 15, 2008
More high-quality student film then indie-great. It has some really nice visionary things going for it and fine acting, but they get lost in a movie designed too much around a single plot device. Not bad by any means, but not great either.
September 11, 2008
Interesting expirement of possibilities of digital-camera. Director Greg Harrison clearly has a eye to shoot film, but with actors he is mostly lost. This is a fillm in a serious need of better acting. Courtney Cox tries hard in a serious role, but falls short and James LeGros is just plain awful. His performance is just something from the school-play. Still November is not that bad at all. It has even some truly effective visual touches and couple nice moments insipired by David Lynch, whose work director Harrison is clearly in love with. Maybe next time he is more lucky with the actors too.
½ August 4, 2008
it was good i liked it :D
July 12, 2008
After watching this film I still have no idea what the hell it is about but it did somewhat intrigued me. Courtney Cox-Arquette gives an adequate performance and the direction is visually great. While this film will confuse a lot of viewers (trust me my one of them) and there some aspects I still don't get, still I couldn't help but be interested and engaged by it. If you love a good mind fuck, then this may be for you.
½ March 29, 2008
this movie was hard to sit through. i was bored 30 minutes into it.
March 21, 2008
Definitely kept pace well, but the message of the film is up for interpretation...
March 21, 2008
I did not really like this movie.
½ March 18, 2008
RATING (0 to ****): ***

Many films, as we know, want us to watch them over and over again; the most audacious ones will deliberately confuse the viewer, and oftentimes such films just end up being tedious with an air of audience contempt. Much to my surprise, this was not the case for the all-but-forgotten indie "November", which stars Courtney Cox.

Evaluating continually the events circling a convenience store robbery (in which the boyfriend of Cox's character was murdered) and eventually using the tried-and-true trick of repeating just about everything three times, "November" is also incredibly stylish and very much non-linear. It all goes by so fast, however, that it's also a lot of fun to rearrange the puzzle pieces and find out what goes where.

Within a runtime of 68 minutes- which I will assure you does not feel too short- the groundwork is laid out for us: our character visits a psychiatrist whose office has a quirky elevator, thanks to a variety of psychological problems that require tons of medication, she had an affair that she's guilty about, and she teaches a photography class whose slide projector actually displays photos of that convenience store. Each of these things stack up and become revealed in ways we really don't expect them to be.

In fact, I think the only part of the film you'd be able to predict correctly is the ending, but its sketchy timeline could tell you a different story. Exhilarating from start to finish, "November" is that movie that you just might want to rent again with a notepad in hand.

MPAA: R (violence and some language)
Runtime: 1 hour, 18 minutes (68 minutes of "real movie"; look out for the extra-slow ending credits)
March 2, 2008
interesting while watching, but sometimes slow and boring...the pieces never came together all that clearly
½ February 29, 2008
Fairly boring with a unsatisfying ending. Very arty and it wasn't that bad but I just wasn't really digging it.
½ February 9, 2008
Not bad, if a bit confusing. Courtney Cox was surprisingly good.