The Nude Bomb (The Return of Maxwell Smart) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Nude Bomb (The Return of Maxwell Smart) Reviews

July 23, 2016
The Nude Bomb is a funny 80's comedy, but made more for Get Smart fans than regular filmgoers.
½ January 31, 2015
Pretty lame. But what do you expect from Get Smart?
½ November 9, 2014
***Due to the recent RT changes that have basically ruined my past reviews, I mostly only giving a rating rather than a full review.***
June 22, 2014
Agent 86 (Don Adams) is assigned to battle a stocking masked villain named Sauvage (Vittorio Gassman), a villain who is threatening to drop a 'nude bomb' capable of destroying all the fabric of the world! Sauvage is blackmailing the United Nations after dropping it on the Kremlin, Buckingham Palace and the Super Bowl. With only 48 hours, some voluptuous assistants, and his questionable spy skills to help him, Maxwell Smart has his hands full saving the world from KAOS and total nudity!

also stars Sylvia Kristel, Rhonda Fleming, Dana Elcar, Pamela Hensley, Andrea Howard, Normal Lloyd, Bill Dana, Gary Imhoff, Robert Karvelas and Vito Scotti.

directed by Clive Donner.
March 26, 2014
tv series 'get smart' gets the big screen treatment with mixed results.
February 1, 2014
My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup.
September 10, 2013
I haven't seen this movie in ages. When I saw that it was on Netflix Streaming, I had to watch it again. Bomb is right. This movie is terrible, A total disappointment for all fans of the original Get Smart from the 60s. This movie is so bad, it makes the recent remake with Steve Carell look good.
February 17, 2013
The Nude Bomb features mainly recycled gags from the Get Smart TV series, and since it doesn't really try anything new then die hard fans of Get Smart may be disappointed by the final product.

But I actually thoroughly enjoyed it. It lacked the originality of the original TV series as well as the charisma and many of the cast members, as well as the participation of Mel Brooks, but it matched it with the level if silliness, some good laughs and a good lead from Don Adam's in his iconic role.
The Nude Bomb was also filmed on good locations and features a good soundtrack, and I found that I was laughing enough times for me to consider it a good film, so all in all The Nude Bomb was fairly ok and is definitely way underrated and top unknown for a film based on the classic comedy series Get Smart.
December 19, 2012
Would you believe a film entitled "The Nude Bomb" was only rated PG? Featuring the comedic talents of Don Adams in the role of Maxwell Smart, the film lacked the chemistry and exceptional writing which was the hallmark of the original series. An amusing spy spoof, but the film falls short of its true potential.
November 20, 2012
I've actually wanted to see this movie for some time, but it's been kind of tough to find. Now that I've seen it, I have to say that it was definitely NOT worth the wait. They did not "up the ante" at all when they made this movie; it looks and feels exactly like an episode of the TV series, except in widescreen and without the laugh track to let you know when what you just saw was supposed to be funny. Apparently they thought the other people with you in the movie theater would laugh at the right times and help you out... no such luck when you're watching it on TV. And there's no Agent 99, the Chief is a different actor... heck, the spy organization isn't even called CONTROL (it's called PITS, for goodness sake). Really, it's a disappointment. The only thing that even makes it worth watching at all (almost the only thing that connects it to the TV series, really, outside of the cheap production values) is that Smart says each of his signature lines ("Missed it by that much", "That's the second biggest _______ I've ever seen!", "Would you believe...", etc.) at least once.

I wonder.... was this whole movie just conceived as a very long advertisement for the Universal Studios theme park?
June 28, 2012
So bad! Dumb jokes and terrible production values.
½ May 26, 2012
Somewhat amusing, but I'd never say it was bad, even though it didn't stay true to the show, and weakly to the spirit of the show. It was fun, but will never be considered as good as the show.
April 19, 2012
I dont care to watch.
½ March 28, 2012
Done Adams is really the only saving grace in this horrible film made to some what cash in on the success of a great series.
March 23, 2012
Every bit as good as the TV show. Though the absence of Agent 99 is a bit glaring.
January 21, 2012
It's not bad in my opinion
½ October 10, 2011
THE NUDE BOMB (1980)
½ August 15, 2011
Classic '60's agent/spy-comedy TV Series Get Smart transformed to a feature film in made in faraway 1980.

The old series were lightweight and a bit stupid fun in a good pace. This movie doesn't really work on any level. Get Smart in 1965-69 was silly and easy in a way that culture could get away with than, and still be meant for adults. It's unknown who the audience are for Get mart of 1980.

We get a lot of walking into glass doors, falling down stairs, falling down behind sofas, falling down everywhere and misunderstanding of anything in general.

Where is agent 99? or at least anyone that reminds of her just a tiny bit? Where is the groovy times? Well not in "the nude bomb" that's for sure

so a bit boring, dull, tedious and tiresome but still the looks of 1980 still saves some of the day, but not all of course
August 2, 2011
Silly as can be, but fun. :) I grew up watching the show and this was an interesting blast from the past.