Reviews

• Nov 17, 2012

It's a very different take on a classic

It's a very different take on a classic

• Dec 01, 2009

Etrange vision du ballet mondialement connu grâce à sa music de Tchaikovsky mais ici mlheureusement, elle reste très discrète voir absente à part certains thèmes. Un joli conte pour enfant mais sans plus, cela magré la narration de Christopher Lee.

• Shane D Super Reviewer
    Jan 23, 2009

I remember seeing this movie when I was like five years old. It's been stuck in my head ever since. I remember being extremely disturbed by the ragman. He was one of the creepiest images of my childhood. I wish I could see it again. There's nothing like a good twisted claymation movie. If you're a fan than you may also want to check out "The Secret Adventures Of Tom Thumb".

• Jul 22, 2008

one of the scariest films every made. Excellent, great music, very 80s. I don't even like claymation, but I loved this.

• Jul 16, 2008

Not only is this movie sick, but it's not even made well (of course, I think most stop-motion and claymation looks clunky anyway). And yes, the Ragman freaked me out for forever as a kid, and I never heard the narration, so I thought he just came in and killed the child. (Watching the opening just a few days ago on YouTube without sound brought all those paranoid feelings rushing back until I heard the audio; now it's just goofy.) For years I thought, how could they put that in a kid's movie? And why would the Disney Channel show it? Why would Rankin/Bass put out something so horrible?? Come to find out it was Sanrio, who also brought us the equally sick, but well-meaning THE MOUSE AND HIS CHILD. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a teensy bit curious to see this in the supposed 2.35 aspect ratio it was supposedly filmed in, but I'm sure that feeling will deplete in the first few minutes, like most viewers' interest with the movie in general.

• Jan 10, 2008

excellent all rounder

excellent all rounder

• Jan 07, 2008

This movie is craaazy! Its the dark and tripy puppet version of the classic story. Christpher Lee some of the voices. Claasic from my childhood.

• Oct 07, 2007

This... was scary. It scared me when i was little.

This... was scary. It scared me when i was little.

• Lafe F Super Reviewer
    Aug 24, 2007

The Nutcracker Fantasy from Japan employed stop motion puppet animation to tell a Nutcracker story. The story was quite changed from the original classic. It was a dreamy fantasy setting guaranteed to put the little ones to sleep on Christmas Eve. Quite different!

• Aug 24, 2007

Could have been a lot better.

Could have been a lot better.