NYC: Tornado Terror - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

NYC: Tornado Terror Reviews

½ March 28, 2016
Inaccurate portrayal of a natural disaster. Quite pretentious.
½ June 19, 2013
This had to be the most inaccurate and ridiculous natural disaster movie I have ever seen. At least in 'Twister'(1996), they sort of TRIED.
NYC: Tornado Terror lacked effort and any hint of realism was thrown out the window.
The writing was lazy and predictable, the effects were cheesy and behind the current standard, the acting was sub-par at best, and altogether, these elements resulted in 90 minutes of disappointment.

All I can say is look out for the big-bad-ball-lightning. Because, you know, ball lightning is totally known to chase people, seeing as it has a mind of it's own. (really, Tibor Takacs? Really?!)

This is a film that started out with a concept that could have been interesting and fun, if any effort was put into it.
Don't bother seeing it. It's not even 'so bad, it's enjoyable.' It's just...bad.
July 19, 2012
Not much to say but cheap and boring.
½ January 3, 2012
Ya know, this wasn't exemplary, but it was exactly what I signed on for and I enjoyed it for what it was.
½ April 17, 2011
This is legitimately the worst movie ever made. Screw the Room or Plan 9.
½ October 11, 2010
didn't like it much. The ending was kinda borring
September 2, 2010
Thrilling edge of your seat. Those who keep up with climate change will enjoy.
August 9, 2010
Na thimitho... giati to eida? A nai, maresoun oi tainies me fysikes katastrofes.

Oxi ayti i sigkekrimeni, alles.
½ May 2, 2010
Deutscher Titel: Todes Twister. Sagt doch schon alles // what a stupid movie. b-movie with lousy acting and cheap CGI, and just when you thought there's gonna be action, its over.
March 20, 2010
I really should resist these made for TV disaster movies. The acting is bad and the special effects are cheesy. This movie is no exception.
January 14, 2010
If it weren't for Nicole de Boer acting as the requisite eye candy, there'd be absolutely nothing worthwhile about this crappy "Day After Tomorrow" wannabe.
½ January 11, 2010
:::... the stars are for the New York City and cute baby tornadoes ...:::
November 8, 2009
Really corny but good
roughfeeargh
August 4, 2009
quite ok, but having a smwat predicted storyline + ending while the tornado and effects all were so unrealistic, kinda a big turn off...
½ July 30, 2009
The movie starts out quite interesting with a new weather phenomena that has never been witnessed before and Nicole de Boer has to figure out what it is.
It was exciting until they figured out what is actually was, because then it just wasn't suspenseful anymore.

***SPOILER WARNING***

It's the usual Sci-fi movie. Bad effects, way too long and no suspension, bad acting, random love relationship between 2 teens that gets in trouble and for some reason I guess they tried to be original by adding some very random deaths.
(Let's be original... kill the "boyfriend" of the teenage girl, but let's not have it on screen so that it becomes very surprising. Like WTF?)
The movie reminded me too much of "Anna's storm" for some reason.

The first 20 minutes are interesting, but the rest of the movie is simply terrible.
I almost fell asleep while Nicole's character tried to put the pieces together and arguing with the mayor.
I "Like" how her husband can dress up in a suit and everyone in town suddenly believes he is the mayor. *headdesk*
½ June 21, 2009
Very pathetic direction...even the script wasn't that good...and these guys didn't seem to have done research as well...
May 22, 2009
Movie plot lacked explanation and indeed lacked research into tornadoes and their development. Effects were ok, not the best I have seen.
March 10, 2009
It was obviously a low budget film. Not bad overall, but pretty typically storyline. I was just amused to see 12 different Supernatural actors in it :)
February 14, 2009