O Brother, Where Art Thou? - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

O Brother, Where Art Thou? Reviews

December 2, 2017
Funny, catchy, well-acted, and directed with old-fashioned charm, though sometimes a bit too strong for my taste.
November 19, 2017
The Coen brothers' produced a Hollywood classic with the film O Brother, Where Art Thou that takes place in a southern city, Florence, in Mississippi. Their careful choice and use of effects and music produced such a memorable, nostalgic theme throughout the movie. The cast also provides a significant highlight in the movie. The Coen brothers' chose a quite colorful trio to play in the movie: George Clooney as Ulysses Everett McGIll, Tim Blake Nelson as Delmar, and John Turturro as Pete. With nothing to lose and still in shackles, the trio sets out to pursue freedom and promise of fortune in a buried treasure with many twists and turns along the way. Closely following Homer's 'The Odyssey', our unusual heroes face everything from backwoods sirens, violent con-men , to KKK clan members. Throughout the movie, the trio compliments each other's roles in such a comical way, thus giving the movie another reason to enjoy it. O Brother, Where Art Thou, will surely be remembered as a classic.
November 19, 2017
a dumb hollywood movie
September 23, 2017
The movie is a lot of fun. The story is fantastic. The cast is great. Holly Hunter steals the movie. I really enjoyed this.
September 16, 2017
Pretty good movie with a good amount of laughs. Not an amazing movie, but a pretty good one.
July 15, 2017
Words cannot describe just how much I adore this movie. From it's fantastic cast, to its setting, to the music it's a movie that is tireless.
July 13, 2017
The best Coen Brothers movie to date, and that speaks volumes.
July 11, 2017
Lama dh x rasa nak bg rating movie, kadang2 terjumpa jgk harta karun
July 7, 2017
While a fitting tribute to folk music, the film is never as interesting as it's initial premise and meanders through it's middle and end.
June 3, 2017
George Clooney is completely miscast in this insufferable and unexciting adventure comedy that fails in every lousy attempt at humor (especially in its nods to Homer's Odyssey) and feels just pointless - one of the worst films in the Coen brothers' excellent career.
Bradley T. Johnson
½ May 16, 2017
Quirky Coen Brothers film with a phenomenal soundtrack. I dug it. Rating: 72
½ May 7, 2017
With solid performances, good production, a wacky plot, great music and even some entertaining action this is a decent adventure film that might well be all over the place tonally and is somewhat directionless at times but it is ultimately entertaining and never boring.
April 26, 2017
It may try to be more than it is and deceive the audience by seeming 'weird,' but it's great to look at.

Tonally, it's the silliest Coen Brothers movie I've ever seen, but something about that retelling Homer's Odyssey makes it all the more satisfying, as if we dare to blasphemize a classic and get a failing grade in English class.
April 24, 2017
O Brother Where Art Thou? is one of the earliest examples of the Coen Brothers' practicing of what I like to call "cinematic masturbation." Initially performed by Godard with Pierrot Le Fou, this is when a director over-stylizes the material and "masturbates" to their own form. However, for what it does do right: good humor and brilliant cinematography as usual, I enjoy it on a purely guilty level.
March 14, 2017
A tasty movie! Great entertainment
½ March 9, 2017
Didn't really get the point
March 5, 2017
Great....great...great movie...soundtrack is amazing
February 21, 2017
Grade - D+
A rather poor entry from the Coen's here. It looks great, and has some good performances, but other than that the movie feels like a flat, boring, one note song that I'd rather not listen to again.
½ February 20, 2017
This movie is stupid and goofy and is nothing in comparison to The Big Lebowski. However, for some reason this movie has a charm on me and this goes down as probably one of my favorite movies ever.
February 13, 2017
How have I not seen this before now? Love it!