O Brother, Where Art Thou? - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

O Brother, Where Art Thou? Reviews

April 26, 2017
It may try to be more than it is and deceive the audience by seeming 'weird,' but it's great to look at.

Tonally, it's the silliest Coen Brothers movie I've ever seen, but something about that retelling Homer's Odyssey makes it all the more satisfying, as if we dare to blasphemize a classic and get a failing grade in English class.
April 24, 2017
O Brother Where Art Thou? is one of the earliest examples of the Coen Brothers' practicing of what I like to call "cinematic masturbation." Initially performed by Godard with Pierrot Le Fou, this is when a director over-stylizes the material and "masturbates" to their own form. However, for what it does do right: good humor and brilliant cinematography as usual, I enjoy it on a purely guilty level.
March 14, 2017
A tasty movie! Great entertainment
½ March 9, 2017
Didn't really get the point
March 5, 2017
Great....great...great movie...soundtrack is amazing
February 21, 2017
Grade - D+
A rather poor entry from the Coen's here. It looks great, and has some good performances, but other than that the movie feels like a flat, boring, one note song that I'd rather not listen to again.
½ February 20, 2017
This movie is stupid and goofy and is nothing in comparison to The Big Lebowski. However, for some reason this movie has a charm on me and this goes down as probably one of my favorite movies ever.
February 13, 2017
How have I not seen this before now? Love it!
½ February 11, 2017
Aiemmin olin antanut tälle peräti neljä tähteä, ja muistalen kyllä tykänneeni siitä. Nyt nukahdin. Mutta ehkä vika ei ollut leffassa vaan työviikossa...
February 10, 2017
One of my 3 top list (Been around since 67)
February 1, 2017
Tried to watch several times. Worse each time.
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 11, 2017
One of me favorite movies, love the story, the actors, the music, and everything in between!!
January 8, 2017
might just be my favorite looking film
½ January 3, 2017
The Coen Brothers demonstrate their wide-ranging abilities in this cultural touchstone.
December 18, 2016
it was ok, like Fargo better
December 14, 2016
Very good movie. Tonally, the Coen brothers strike gold again with a wacky comedy full of smart humor, clever satire and great music that is led by great performances from its three leads. The only issue is its pacing is a little slow in multiple moments, drawing away from the great story.
December 6, 2016
It takes a lot for the Coen Bros to make a movie that isn't entertaining. 'O Brother Where Art Thou?' is engaging at times but it's very hit or miss. The cast is having fun which isn't unusual for a Coen flick, but it just didn't make me laugh and there were instances I was bored. Worthwhile for the performances and the supporting cast but we have come to expect better from Coen and Company. Final Score 5.7 of 10.
December 4, 2016
Overlooked today in favor of its folk soundtrack, "O Brother" stands out among the Coen bros films that tell a deep story with important themes, yet don't take themselves too seriously. O Brother takes The Odyssey and transports it to Depression-era Mississippi, and it will be remembered for clever dialog that's fitting for the time period. The use of repetition will be amusing for many, but annoying to other moviegoers.
November 28, 2016
O Brother, Where Art Thou is a magical experience who's mediocre ending can be forgiven for the wonderful goofiness the rest of it brings.