O. Henry's Full House - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

O. Henry's Full House Reviews

½ August 9, 2016
Awesome movie, today viewers might find it slow, but class all the way.
½ October 14, 2014
Wonderfully entertaining portmanteau film of five O. Henry short stories, with twelve top actors and five fine directors of the era. I'm especially fond here of Sir Charles Laughton, Richard Widmark and Marilyn Monroe's work. Definitely recommended for those with a couple of hours to spare and in need of a few laughs.
July 20, 2013
Despite of being too dated, it fared relatively well. Maybe it didn't work for me that well because I watched it while I was home alone.
December 23, 2012
Great directors, great actors, and great writing makes "O. Henry's Full House" an interesting look into an older world through the mind of a genius writer.
March 28, 2012
this anthology employs 5 different directors with mixed results some good some not so good.
February 23, 2012
An Amazing cast and five very talented and legendary directors bring to life a series of short stories written by O. Henry. A really great film, combined with the timeless and memorable stories that inspired it. Makes O. HENRY'S FULL HOUSE, a very entertaining and moving motion picture experience.
July 21, 2010
Two of the stories -- "The Cop and the Anthem" and "The Ransom of Red Chief" -- are treated splendidly. The other stories are filmed mediocre at best and deadly dull at worst.
½ November 16, 2009
Provides a glimpse into the character of O. Henry's masterful storytelling. Although these are film shorts, they come off rather theatrical so at time the acting is somewhat overwrought (The Necklace and The Leaf") but "The Cop and the Anthem" with Richard Widmark is wonderful and I much appreciated "The Clarion Call" which to me is a wonderful little period piece. I would like to say that these could be used in H.S. literature classes but there's much inescapable stereotyping and I don't think today's kids would be able to relate to any of the stories - except perhaps Widmark's vainly invincible criminal in "The Cop and the Anthem"
March 11, 2009
It works for some and for other not
November 30, 2008
i thought this would of been the old ones these are my favorite shows i am having a smoothie
November 3, 2008
I like watching this movie. I love it a lot.
jjnxn
½ September 3, 2008
Some wonderful short stories interlaced with a few duds, all introduced by John Steinbeck, the one that towers above the rest is "The Last Leaf" touching and beautiful with delicate lovely performances from all three actors.
½ April 15, 2007
Interesting quintet of stories in one film. All of them are good, the one with Charles Laughton is the best one. Nice cast, well directed. Touching, amusing and enjoyable.