Oba: The Last Samurai (Taiheiyou No Kiseki: Fokkusu To Yobareta) Reviews

• Feb 09, 2016

a lot of stories to tell, very promising yet executed in such a doll manner. Pity.

• Sep 27, 2014

Bold and striking historical film, highlighting the culture behind war and decision to fight. Paints a powerful and believable picture.

• Nov 26, 2013

Mehh... mas o menos, si quieres ver una pelicula de la II Guerra mundial, desde la perspectiva japonesa... esta es tu movie.

• Oct 22, 2012

Interesting war drama though not deep enough

Interesting war drama though not deep enough

• Oct 16, 2012

There were three movies I watched in a row. First, there was Scooby Doo Big Top the movie, which i watched in preparation for Prometheus, which I watched afterwards and was severely disappointed. Then, with my expectations set at an exceptional low, I then watched this movie. And I have to say... brilliant. Of all the dramas I have watched recently, this would be one of the best, if not one of the best in this half of the year. I'm being honest, if you were to put the production costs of Prometheus into the making of this movie, then you would have wound up with something unimaginable. However, it was not, and I was still left with this masterpiece.

• Aug 06, 2012

5/10: More of a WWII drama rather than an action flick. If you are expecting Saving Private Ryan, you can forget it. What I like about this Pacific War film, is that it employs different approach where it shows the lives of Japanese civilians (from their perspective) living on the invaded islands.

• Jul 07, 2012

Excelente película que nos muestra como el capitán Sakae Oba, comando la ultima resistencia contra los soldados americanos en la isla de Saipán, formando guerrillas que lucharon hasta diciembre de 1945, cuando se rindieron, meses después de que Japón se hubiera rendido.

• Jul 01, 2012

A top-notch Japanese cast and crew deliver a compelling story and an at best B-movie American writer and cast ruin it.

• Dec 29, 2011

It was good. Really, really good. Even the B-actors that was tagged on from Hollywood did a great job.