Obcan Havel (Citizen Havel) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Obcan Havel (Citizen Havel) Reviews

October 1, 2009
One thing which sticks in my mind, the smoking... oh and the drinking. Two things! Great footage, behind the scenes. History.
½ September 4, 2009
Interesting, entertaining, and historically important. Highly recommended.
½ August 11, 2009
This documentary is just a mess of video clipss from Havel's career and most areabsloutely out of context. I hardly believe that anyone outside of the Czech Rep. (or maybe Slovakia) can understand the real background of most of the situations captured in the socumentary. And last but not least, it shows Havel as a silly and confused man.
BOOORING !!!!
July 29, 2009
Begins like a real life "In the Thick of It" except with more sympathetic characters. Very funny and enjoyable at the start as we follow behind the scenes of Vaclav Havel becoming the first president of the Czech republic. It gets more complex and less amusing as we see the toll that being president has on Havel over the years. Still a great insight into politics and into Havel's life.
July 13, 2009
Not bad! In fact when I was watching this movie we had visitors and I was a bit busy in the kitchen, so it is difficult to write a review about something I have only seen with one eye :-) ... but I think it is a really good documentary about our last Czechoslovak and the first Czech prezident showing him as an extremely hardworking and honest person - but on the other hand also as a man doubting about things and man of brilliant sense of humour. The film brings us back to history that we lived ourselves so it is very emotional. But I am not sure that somebody who did not live it trought would find it interesting too.
June 4, 2009
die moeite werd om te sien, al is dit net om jou te vergaap oor hoe dit lyk wanneer 'n filoklub 'n land regeer...
½ January 14, 2009
Temmelig uinteressant innblikk i Havels presidentperioder.
½ November 11, 2008
Well this turned out fine, just as excepted. It is an interesting, although a bit too long documentary about the last president of Czechoslovakia and first of Czech Republic. I must admit I excepted Havel's life behind the curtains not to be this interesting, and although I still perceive him as a pretty neutral and mild person without a good personality for movie depictment, I still enjoyed the movie. It's a pity the movie did not include earlier life of Vaclav Havel, his dissident days, the prague spring and soviet invasion, imprisonment, and the velvet revolution, but that was obviously impossible, since the shooting started after the velvet revolution.

Recomendable for everyone interested in politics and world affairs.
½ July 28, 2008
po obejrzeniu tego filmu cz┼?owiek t─?skni za normaln─? polityk─?, kt├│rej u nas nie ma i nigdy nie b─?dzie
July 23, 2008
I saw it by chance last week. It was very funny.
June 23, 2008
You should just watch it, this is really new point of view.
June 20, 2008
touching, eye- opening and above all wildly funny. The man is my hero.