The Object of Beauty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Object of Beauty Reviews

February 7, 2015
I like this movie a lot, but I would never think to call it a comedy. And it's certainly not a rom-com. I remembered really enjoying it when I first saw it back in the 90s and I recently watched it again. The wardrobe and score are a bit dated (the score sounds like an episode of Seinfeld), but the movie's themes are as relevant as ever.
½ October 8, 2014
Sleepy, pretty, elegantishly precarious tale that filled up the morning.
March 28, 2014
Not hilarious, but mildly humorous. What I found so ironic is that the object in question was not to me an object of beauty. However, the character I liked the best was the deaf maid, who honestly found it to be so.
July 15, 2011
Despite Malkovich's usual grandiosity, there is little of worth here as everyone in the film is unlikeable, leaving no one to care about as we passively watch the rich whine over every little thing.
July 15, 2011
July 9, 2009
It was a good film but theres not much story in it. Very average i mean it just shows a group of people caught up with one expensive object stolen, simple to understand. I think it coveys the message that being rich is not easy as it seems. There some moments where it tried to be funny but no.
½ May 21, 2009
MacDowell or Malkovich are not at fault, it's rather a mystery how this project got under way at all - the storyline is uninspired and outright boring. I failed to discover even a hint of morale, and the character's motivation for their actions are seemingly absent. My rating would have been lower if it wasn't for two seconds of Andie MacDowell's buttocks and a standout supporting role by Joss Ackland.
September 17, 2008
This is a scathing satire on a money-obsessed culture, but it's so cool and detached in tone and style that it fails to entertain.
June 25, 2008
Wasted a great cast.
½ March 24, 2008
This movie had potential, but fell through the cracks. To bad.
February 3, 2008
i saw this looooong time ago and kinda forgot how it was, but i just remember it was a pretty good movie, and by reading the synopsis, i starting to remember that it was indeed a good movie.

i also noticed John Malkovich after seeing this movie.
½ August 31, 2007
malkovich and macdowell? There ain't no object of beauty here.
deano
August 20, 2007
This sporadically amusing comedy is made rather irritating by the way in which the actors clearly think they're being very funny.
August 11, 2007
i'll see this. looks intriguing. john malkovich has this lip-thing he does, that i'm not sure i'm able to get past, but the trailer looked promising.
½ June 6, 2007
it was kind of boring. and andie mcdowell is a witch.