Objectified - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Objectified Reviews

January 11, 2015
Nice look inside design and design theory that expounds upon some of the examples I remember from a design class.
½ March 23, 2014
Not bad, some good points and some interesting characters
February 22, 2014
they say 'you are what u eat' well this doc looks at u are what u own
December 3, 2013
I am a lover of design and design philosophy. You don't have to be one to enjoy this documentary. When you get the great Dieter Rams, Jonathan Ive and Marc Newson into one program talking about design philosophy you think to yourself that the world could be a better place because of them - they are today's philosophers ... IMHO
October 17, 2013
Thought provoking, well paced, pretentious in just a few spots(Hella Jongerius DIE YOU TERRIBLE BITCH). For those of us design neophytes this documentary is a very accessible introduction.
July 6, 2013
Utterly tedious. Who cares? Well, maybe if you're a designer. But I'm not. Big fat yawns. I turned it off.
January 30, 2013
Perceptive, but lacking any astounding understanding of the subject.
½ January 6, 2013
Es increible como damos por sentado tantas cosas en nuestra vida cotidiana. El cepillo de dientes que usamos, nuestros muebles y electrodomésticos, todos pasaron por un arduo proceso de diseño que benefician (o a veces perjudican) nuestras actividades diarias. "Objectified", dirigido por Gary Hustwit (quien tambien hizo la interesante "Helvetica"), es un documental directo y provocativo que nos presenta a varios diseñadores y su opinion sobre el diseño en la actualidad.
He aqui un documental obligatorio para todo aquello interesado en los procesos creativos detras de los objetos.
December 16, 2012
Lacking in structure, but full of interesting snippets.
½ November 16, 2012
Hieno dokumentti muotoilusta.
½ October 29, 2012
Interesting documentary on industrial design and product development
September 10, 2012
Good design should be innovative, useful, aesthetic, understandable, honest, unobtrusive, long-lived, consistent, environmentally-friendly, and as little design as possible. That's IKEA, BMW and Apple.
September 4, 2012
Really Really Great for design nerds, but probably not for anyone else
½ August 14, 2012
"Every object tells a story if you know how too read it."
July 18, 2012
Fascinating doc about object design, definitely not a subject I would have filmed.
July 17, 2012
If you are a designer or have any interest in design, I highly recommend this. Realize every single item in your life was thought thru by someone.
½ June 9, 2012
This is a simple and lucid presentation of the intentions and processes behind everyday objects, without too many complexities of geography, symbolism, sustainability or economy.
Perhaps a documentary that follows the life of an object, and it's subsequent iterations, in different situations, may be an appropriate sequel?
June 7, 2012
Great information. Made me wanting more. Interesting!
June 6, 2012
Watched this during our class and it was awesome.
½ June 5, 2012
Objectified engages and illuinates the intricacies of the world through the lense of designers, bringing insight and illumination to the viewers.