Objective, Burma! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Objective, Burma! Reviews

May 30, 2008
A war move. It is rather slow and anti-Japanese. Acting isn't bad.
½ May 25, 2008
This was pretty good as far as war movies go. And Flynn was great in his part. Not as much action as I thought, instead having occasional scenes of intense battle; it was pretty good.
April 6, 2008
most original war movies ever made a must see
February 20, 2008
Usually Flynn/Walsh films are very entertaining but this film plods on in the extreme. Using lots of stock footage, and lacking enough action scenes, this still could have been interesting if the characterization had been more developed - unfortunately Flynn just doesnt have the acting chops to carry this movie - disappointing.
½ February 18, 2008
Errol Flynn revels in the army commander role in what is an exceptional mission movie for the time.
February 2, 2008
Really excellent war movie. Sad though.
January 10, 2008
i used to watch this a lot when i was little haha
December 12, 2007
Unlike most war movies made during this time period, Objective Burma wasn't a movie with silly heroic action scenes. This movie was actually portraying how horrifiying war is. The performances are great, contains a great music score by Franz Waxman and under the direction of Raoul Walsh. This is one of my favorite war films.
November 25, 2007
A fine example of American superiority in all things!
November 23, 2007
Great WW2 movie by Flynn!
exnavykds
November 18, 2007
I've read reviews claiming that this is the "greatest war movie ever made". While I wouldn't go that far, it is a very good film and a classic example of WWII Hollywood propaganda. I say that with immense respect and admiration. This film did exactly what it was intended to do - it sold tickets, showcased the enormously talented Errol Flynn and supported our boys overseas.
October 28, 2007
Staute, kjekke amerikaner redder verden nok en gang. Veldig bra, men litt teatralsk som vanlig. Litt overlang.
October 3, 2007
My parents favorites war movie with Errol Flynn
½ October 2, 2007
Classic old movie, alright acting although the history's a bit off.
On TCM all the time.
September 28, 2007
I'm totally addicted to the Turner Classic Movie channel. No commercials!!!
August 19, 2007
This is a Classic War movie
July 29, 2007
not a bad movie for an old movie. errol flynn seems to exceed my expectations whenever i watch something with him in. immediately when i read the description of a flick with him in i usually sigh to myself and think this will be boring, but something about him and his on screen magnestism draws me in and makes it interesting. a perhaps slightly too long movie but poignant especially when it comes to showing how the "monkeys" used to treat their P.O.W's. also the action sequences weren't too bad for an oldie. not quite tears of the sun but for it's time i imagine as engaging
June 18, 2007
Objective, Burma! has got to be the most slow moving and boring WWII film I have ever seen. Not only that but it is practically a propaganda film and extremely stock. Now I realize, this being a very early WWII film it can't have been stock when it was new, but over the years this has become stock. The acting is good but really this movie is just boring. It's not worth your time. Overall 1.5/4 Stars Grade = C-
June 18, 2007
Irina recommended it.
June 7, 2007
Errol Flynn's best movie. Seriously. No foolin'.