Oblivion (Welcome to Oblivion) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Oblivion (Welcome to Oblivion) Reviews

October 6, 2015
Ooh boy. I remember this being a lot better when I was a kid... lol. Great concept though.
½ May 29, 2015
B movie written all over it...
May 8, 2015
150508: I really can't say this film is all that bad. Yesterday I was questioning how films such as Ghost Rock (2004) get created. Well, here is George Takei (Doc Valentine) and Meg Foster (Stell Barr) from Cagney & Lacey fame (as well as Young Riders for you western fans). Some campy special effects and characters add to the simple entertainment held within this film. A hot Musetta Vander appears as Lash and the Adams Family's Carel Struycken as Gaunt. Now I'm thinking of seeking out Oblivion 2...as a matter of fact, I will seek it out.
November 17, 2013
probably the most entertaining and cliche filled attempt at a sci fi western....and Lash is ultra hot for a gunslinging whip wielding goth dominatrix type. George Takei is fun in this film and it has some laughable writing, and really silly type stuff in it, but it is a lot of fun none the less. The type of movie you munch mindlessly on popcorn late at night when you are in the mood for a sci fi or a western. Both genres can be a lot of fun when done properly. so don't expect anything groundbreaking or philosophical...just good fun and a pretty neat arm mutation scene. It is not one of the best films by any means, but it sure beats that Wil Smith big budget Wild West flop. Has a feel of an old Star Trek mixed with Gunsmoke or Bonanza or something. I enjoy it and watch it every so often.
September 10, 2013
clasicc sci fi style movie with a western twist . Its awfuly awesome at the same time with cheesy one liners by George Takei (star trek) and meg foster (evil lyn from master of the universe) how could you ever go wrong . With lead actor none other then Richard Joseph Paul playing hero zach stone (knight rider 2010" from 1994) . Despite its obviously low budget this is classic in the closets of nerds from the 90s .
September 2, 2013
Absolutely awful. George Takei is forced to deliver lame Star Trek lines time and again throughout the unbelievably bad script. This movie is the disowned offspring of the Star Trek episodes that even Trekkies admit were stupid, and Batman TV shows that were left on the cutting room floor.
½ January 8, 2012
gets that rating cause some of it is just really stupid-funny, plus it has a frog-crab puppet that is quite amazing. But it also doesn't do any favors to Peter David's script, which is only halfway decent anyway. Thankfully George Takei is there to partly save the day, if only for his scenes.
January 7, 2012
88%

And this is where RT bans me for life.

"The right world view, the worng world."-Zack Stone (Richard Joseph Paul)

Before there was COWBOYS AND ALIENS, there was OBLIVION, a fun, tongue in cheek tale of cowboys and aliens. The movie knows what it is and embraces it with loving arms. My secound favorite (can't beat PUPPET MASTER) movie to come from the Full Moon company. Great B-movie cast of charactor actors.

"Jim...Beam me up."-Doc Valentine (George Takei)
July 3, 2011
A low budget scifi western that does really well in the story, casting and enjoyment departments but falls flat from being a good film due to some really bad comedy.
With a cast that includes George Takei, Meg Foster, Julie Newmar, Andrew Divoff and Isaac Hayes, you knew it would sport some fun performances even if it was filled with plenty of overacting and huge amounts of charicatures.
I'll even give the humour a few good nods. Takei continuously makes Star Trek related jokes that are subtle enough to pass for regular dialogue to a general audience but Trek fans would pick it up right away. But with silly music cues, some slapstick, and even references to things which were only current at the time of the film (an entire Schlick joke completely doesn't make sense today) you just can't help but bring this film down a few stars in the ratings.
April 24, 2011
Overall I dug this. I'm not sure they can say this was the REAL 'Cowboys & Aliens,' cause they look othing alike. Really great cast, especially seeing Musetta Vander from Mortal Kombat2 and Jackie Swanson---'Kelly' from CHEERS!!! The only things I disliked were the roles of George Takei--he had to refrence Star Trek every 5 seconds, and Julie Newmar---who had to remind us she was Catwoman every 3 seconds!
May 9, 2010
dammm everyone is in this andrew divoff(the wishmaster), meg foster(they live)
julie newmar(cat woman) issac haynes, george takei playing the town drunk ..the giant from twin peaks .. and loads of "hey its that guy/girl" actors
August 21, 2009
Una mezcla de western y ciencia ficción de mediocre calidad. Ni la aparición de figuras como George Takei, Julie Newmar y Isaac Hayes la salva.

No la recomiendo
½ November 4, 2008
Gosh, this movie brings back memories.....ones of being stuffed in a sleeping bag by my older brother while he and my cousin farted in the top and held it closed.
½ August 7, 2008
Full Moon puts out some of the silliest movies.
An alright sci-fi western.
Okay ideas in the movie.
August 6, 2008
Luckily I'm a disturbed Star Trek fan so I can give this movie one star all because of George Takei haha.
January 21, 2008
god damn it I want to see it again
½ January 2, 2008
A suprisingly entertaining low budget sci-fi, that wisely doesn't take itself too seriously
August 8, 2007
Arguably one of the best "B" movies of all time.
½ June 21, 2007
Doesn't compare to the game.