Ocean's 8 Reviews

• 6d ago

La he disfrutado más de lo que esperaba, que no era nada nuevo. Eso no quiere decir que tenga sus aspectos negativos. Para empezar la película sigue en exceso la estructura de la primera de Soderbergh, pero luego en lo más importante, el golpe y el aftermath, no, quedando estos como eventos sin la suficiente tensión o energía. De hecho eso es un gran problema de la película, se siente que carece de la energía y dinamismo que contaba la trilogía anterior. Por otro lado, el reparto es excelente, y no hacen un mal trabajo, pero los personajes, que se intuyen muy interesantes, apenas son aprovechados (salvo quizás el de Sarah Paulson y Helena Bonham Carter, que están estupendisimas). La pobre Mindy Kaling esta desaprovechados, y no es que el personaje sea malo, ni que ella trabaje mal, sino que apenas está en pantalla salvo en momentos puntuales. Aun así el intento de llevar la franquicia por este camino es encomiable y una buena idea (aunque sea un poco cliché en estos tiempos), y no me importaría que hubiese un segundo intento.

• Nov 27, 2020

I can see that a lot of people don't like it. The plot isn't something special, but I love the Met gala scene an the fashion in the movie. Also Helena Bonham Carter, Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, Sarah Paulson, Rihanna, Mindy Kaling, Awkafina all in one movie. That alone is a reason to watch.

• Nov 27, 2020

Alright, here's the tea folks: This movie sucked. No, not only because of the blatantly obvious feminist overtones (and I'm saying this as a woman myself), but because of the incredibly weak and poorly written plot. A lot of the film fell flat due to the lack of originality and ingenuity which was a trademark of the original 3 films. I don't have an issue with female leads, if it's done WELL, but this film was clearly attempting to make a political statement like "women can do it too!"–Yes, they can, but then why resort to copying a beloved original? Why not invest in screenwriters who write solid original content rather than attempting to revive old franchises and inserting really annoying agendas to boot? Not my cup of tea, Hollywood. One more thing: Adding a boatload of famous celebrities doesn't make a film better, it just becomes an expensive train-wreck. Overall, a mildly entertaining watch but terribly poor execution.

• Nov 24, 2020

Ocean's 8 nel suo complesso è un film divertente e molto scorrevole; il grande cast senz'altro aiuta molto. Gli aspetti negativi però rendono questo film ben distante dai restanti capitoli; manca totalmente la sintonia tra il gruppo, non si sviluppa nessun senso di fratellanza e ogni personaggio resta staccato. Inoltre il piano fila tutto liscio, senza intoppi, alla perfezione, manca quel lato umano che nei primi capitoli aiutava a prendersi a cuore i personaggi.

• Nov 20, 2020

As a big fan of the Ocean's series, I was disappointed to miss this one in theaters, however that disappointment faded as the movie played out. As I watched Ocean's Eight, I got the constant feeling the filmmakers were trying to recreate the magic of the first three, but only got halfway. Certain scenes felt rushed while others made no sense for the story. There were even scenarios that took place that felt implausible for a heist, let alone an 'Ocean' heist. In one particular scene, our two leads describe their big plan in a public Subway Sandwich restaurant to a new character. For anyone planning a heist, I would imagine they try to avoid talking about such illegal things out in the open, but it didn't seem to bother anyone in the scene. While I wanted more from the film, I'm still glad I saw the movie, despite its flawed nature and poor execution. I'm still a fan of the 'Ocean' world as I wouldn't be opposed to seeing if the characters and storylines could be improved in a sequel.

• Nov 15, 2020

Terrible film so boring.

Terrible film so boring.

• Nov 13, 2020

Campy, frothy, fashion-focused delight. A breath of fresh air in a sausage fest franchise. This ensemble is flawless!

• Nov 09, 2020

not the best for the ocean's franchise, but it was still comedic and worth the watch. wish it had a little bit more action and cleverness.

• Nov 08, 2020

FAVORITE MOVIE EVER, if you love feminism, crime/heist, this is for you!

FAVORITE MOVIE EVER, if you love feminism, crime/heist, this is for you!

• Oct 19, 2020

Looking for a fun filled, laugh out loud, 'will they get away with it?' heist caper? Look elsewhere. This is the equivalent to watching paint dry. Boring, drab, pointless, and the worst sin of all? Being totally unfunny with a heist that raises no stakes. Hard pass.