The Octagon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Octagon Reviews

April 7, 2013
Chuck Norris vs. Ninjat, nuo kokovartalo mustissa hiippailevat veijarit!
January 20, 2013
One of the worst action movies I have ever seen! The Script is a mess, the acting is awful and its not even funny. Avoid at all costs!
½ January 5, 2013
Ninja terrorist groups are the best kind of terrorist groups.
October 28, 2012
I would have liked Chuck Norris versus a whole army of ninjas, but hey, can't complain. Also Lee Van Cleef was in it. Cool.
2010 movies:42
October 27, 2012
Chuck Norris travels to South America to destroy a terrorist training camp run by ninjas who no one wants to admit still exist. Lee Van Cleef always valuable in support. Chuck really starts to ascend as an action star here.
October 13, 2012
any movie with chuck in it has to be good haha
August 16, 2012
Scott's life is plagued by memories of his accidentally injuring a friend during the rigorous training he endured under a martial arts master. A wealthy heiress, who seeks revenge against an international terrorist training camp known as The Octagon, enlists his help through suspense and intrigue, because he is the only one who can defeat his adopted brother running the operation. As Scott becomes perilously drawn to The Octagon he realizes his brother has turned to the dark side while training many different terrorist groups in the ninja style of killing using electrifying techniques and secrets only the two of them share.

stars Chuck Norris, Karen Carlson, Lee Van Cleef, Tadashi Yamashita, Carol Bagdasarian, Kim Kalnkford, Art Hindle, Kurt Grayson and Yuki Shimoda.

directed by Eric Karson.
August 13, 2012
Ninja movie from 1980. Chuck is young and kicking a$$ :)
½ July 15, 2012
For a ninja movie starring Chuck Norris, there's far too little action and far too much of Chuck attempting to act. The dialogue in these scenes doesn't exactly sizzle, and often doesn't even make sense. What action there is is mostly fine, but there's just nowhere near enough, because the idiotic and convoluted plot gets in the way.
May 29, 2012
Early ninja flick " worth watching for the booming echoing internal monologue
May 10, 2012
What's up with the echo whispering. This totally drove me crazy. But funny!
April 14, 2011
What's up with the echo whispering. This totally drove me crazy. But funny!
April 9, 2011
One of my favorite Chuck Norris movies... and it does have ninjas! The inner voice thing is funny as hell too. Love the molestache as well.
March 16, 2011
"The UFC, has nothing on this Octagon". Chuck Norris, delivers another action-packed performance.
½ February 24, 2011
The movie equivalent of a cheap paperback. Lightweight, not very well written and with few surprises it is nevertheless reasonably entertaining. Very cheesy but that's probably because so much of it has been done so many times since this early Western attempt at a martial arts movie. Thankfully the seriously annoying whispered, echoing voice-over of Norris' thoughs (or sixth sense?) is one thing that didn't get copied.
½ February 21, 2011
They weren't terrorists. They were ninja.

Scott James has experienced an array of tragic events in his history that have left him disconnected from society and a bit eccentric. Scott is an expert martial artist and protects a female from a group of terrorist ninjas that are hell bent on spreading across the globe. When Scott discovers the ninjas are lead by two individuals that helped ruin his life, he will stop at nothing to bring them down.

"I'd like to believe you."
"I don't."

Eric Karson, director of Opposing Force, Black Eagle, and Angel Town, delivers The Octagon. The storyline for this picture is awful as the hero seems to be a schizophrenic, former military, former martial artists, and current terrorist expert. I'm not sure what direction this film was heading. The script was atrocious and so was the acting. The cast includes Chuck Norris, Lee Van Cleef, Karen Carlson, Art Hindle, and Richard Norton.

"Are you less than inspirational?"

The Octagon was a film I came across while looking for Lee Van Cleef movies. I couldn't believe he starred in a picture with Chuck Norris so I had to see it. After watching this; actually, I didn't need to see this. The inner monologue was hilarious at first but a bit tedious as the picture dragged on. The plot was painful and the acting was dreadful; however, the action scenes were better than average and worthwhile. Overall, skip this picture unless you are a huge Chuck Norris fan...and even then I still might recommend skipping this.

"Have you hugged your rifle today?"

Grade: D
½ January 25, 2011
I will not watch this again any more :/
January 21, 2011
Chuck norris vs ninja's!! Well for the last 20mins alone its worth seeing to see norris beat the crap out of loads of them. the rest is unintentionally funny as hell. We now know how chuck thinks!! not like the rest of us but in echoes!!! genius and comedy gold all rolled into one. The ninja's just seem stupid in this and why don't sword strikes seem to do anything?? I can only assume norris has an aura about him that makes women drop there pants 3 in the 1st hour want him immediatly after meeting him.
Final point is he doesnt have his beard just a tauch so to give the bad guys a bit of a chance.
December 27, 2010
Terrible acting, terrible fight scenes, and terrible production value...but it's so easy to laugh at Chuck Norris...even though he wasn't trying to be funny. Skip it!