October Baby - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

October Baby Reviews

June 3, 2016
It was a very poignant movie. Amazing to see a life saved rather than thrown away.
February 24, 2016
Positive messages aside, the film is just really, really bland. Sleep worthy boring.
½ December 15, 2015
During the whole movie I just kept wondering, how could it have taken me this long to see it? How could I have missed a movie like October Baby for four years?
I read the storyline and saw the trailer the day before I ended up seeing the movie and I definitely thought it would be my type of movie. Just as I began watching it I just knew that I would enjoy it. Something to do with the soundtrack, the beautiful imagery, the first few scenes, the poetic and lyrical voice of Rachel Hendrix. I just knew and I was right.
I am glad that I missed out on this movie for so long, because now I got to experience the pure joy that you feel when you're seated in front of a really good movie today instead. October Baby was pure beauty.
After seeing this movie it's difficult to understand how some movies that seem perfect on paper end up being mediocre and dull, and then there are movies like October Baby. Movies that seem perfect on paper and still end up exceeding your expectations. But I'm glad that there are movies like October Baby and that all movies aren't this good, because then I wouldn't have appreciated the movie that I just saw as much.
½ November 30, 2015
Excellent. Don't listen to the critics on this one. If the user score here is any indication, this is a good film. It's very emotional, has likable characters and great acting, and has an awesome message of love, forgiveness, and healing.
September 29, 2015
You mean users like it more than critics?
September 20, 2015
Good movie but sad sad sad. That's all I have to say.
September 5, 2015
Warning! Anti abortion propaganda film. No good comes from abortions. You have been warned.
½ August 17, 2015
Okay so it had some pointless moments but I never felt preached at like people are claiming in other post and reviews. I wonder how many people go through this same situation.
August 9, 2015
A powerful and moving story that speaks to the most basic and powerful human needs. I highly recommend.
½ July 3, 2015
One of the most generic films I've ever seen in my entire life. Sentimental, generic and just straight out boring, zero chemistry, zero intellingence and one of the laziest scripts I've seen in my life. While the film is acted pretty well, and it's pretty well shot as well, that doesn't change the fact that it commits the biggest crime a movie can, bore the hell out of me.
May 12, 2015
Good Movie to watch and understand. Lots of conversation and tears at this house.
May 7, 2015
Beautiful movie with a heart touching story
½ February 26, 2015
This movie is trash, pure and simple. The "acting" is ridiculous, the writing is grotesque, and the direction is an abomination. I mean seriously, who the heck thought making this movie was a good idea?
½ February 26, 2015
The movie isn't awful, however about halfway through the lead actresses constant tantrums and whining wear on you. I wanted to slap her by the end and tell her to shut up.
January 1, 2015
While not overtly "preachy" like some other Christian movies, "October Baby" still gets its message across, but through the storytelling, which is something I appreciated.
It has some weird pacing problems and could have benefitted from a cleaner editing job, but it still turns out a surprisingly entertaining film with genuine emotion and a story worth telling.
½ November 9, 2014
Heartwarming and emotional based on a true story
½ October 24, 2014
As long as people realize they are watching a complete fabrication of reality packaged in a preachy, anti right to choose what happens to your own body film tailored to Christians and those who believe you can get struck by a meteorite and live through it while cashing in your million dollar winning lotto ticket at a free porche's for everyone concert by Queen with lead singer Freddie Mercury; then they should love this.

If you are going to make a story based on a true story then why change the story so much that it's almost impossible. An abortion at 30 weeks was the real story and she has severe physical problems because of this. At 24 weeks the fetus would not have fully formed lungs to breath with yet or a face that looks human. There would be so many underdeveloped organ issues that it would be near impossible. Then they say she had a twin that had his arm ripped off but did not bleed to death in the womb over 24 hours? Yeah right. The twin smiled too. Lol. Babies.... Fully brought to term babies only smile when they pass gas and so on. So a 24 week old failed abortion would not smile. This movie is preachy and unrealistic. Plus many countries don't even do abortions past 20 weeks unless the fetus dies in womb. The usa is amoung a few that have no cut off for abortions.
October 8, 2014
The agenda takes precedence over the storyline. This is always a bad thing. It doesn't look deep enough into the issue and totally ties up all loose ends with cheesy Christianeeze type answers. Too long a movie. I was lulled into watching it as it popped up on Netflix and halfway through I thought - 'This movie is pushing an Agenda!!' not so subtle a one either. As Christian movies go, it was way better than the absolutely shockingly feeble and horrific, sexist, patriarchal movie Fireproof(horrific acting too), but all in all it was just another example of conservative Christians putting the agenda/message above an actual storyline. Why can't Christians make good movies? Because they make Christian movies. Why not make a great movie that has an amazing storyline without pushing an agenda? It would make people think and get more watchers. Sorry to say, this movie falls under just another bad Christian movie. Not very clever. Not very subtle, and development of characters was poor.
½ September 28, 2014
Everything about this movie is absurd; the plot, dialogue, soundtrack. I think it was going for drama... but the end result is a comedy.
½ September 25, 2014
I appreciated this film. After caring for many post abortion patients, even years after their abortion, and adopted children, I feel that October Baby addresses the issues of both the mother that chooses to abort and the child that often feels something is missing in his/her life when adopted out. Even the issue of being a twin when one is lost by death or adoption is addressed.. The need to know is real and cannot be pushed away. A mother's guilt over abortion is very real, too. So, I do not agree with who ever made the statements about this film that were derogatory. I hope that this film helps those considering abortion and those seeking to find their birth parents. Thank you for making this film!