October Moon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

October Moon Reviews

April 25, 2009
This gay-themed indie version of Fatal Attraction does about as much as you can ask of a zero budget, genre bending film.
May 27, 2009
I heard about the new Gay Horror Movie Genre in a recent issue of Fangoria Magazine so I decided to check one out. I've hated most every gay film I've seen, so gay horror is really where it's at. This film was astonishingly great. Sure, very low budget, shot on bad film, looks awful, but has excellent writing, acting, and is very realistic. You'll root for the closeted, misunderstood gay killer the whole way. He is truly a tragic figure and this film is very touching. There's a sequel out now, called November Moon. Hope it's good too.
½ May 10, 2008
For some reason, whenever a movie comes out with gay content, my "community" is expected to extol its virtues. Sorry, no. While this is better than a lot of other gay-themed horrors I've seen (and that isn't saying much, believe me), and it at least tries to tell a real story with gay characters instead of making homosexuality the focus, it's still a tired rehash with zero originality. I'm not rolling over for this one, darlings.
April 11, 2008
*confused*shouldn't this not be in horror?
January 27, 2008
Horror = Not interested.
April 10, 2006
Def a eye opening film. The characters weren't Will and Grace types for the most part. So my girlfriend won't watch it, but that works since I can only take 5 mins of that show anyway. I would say it's a [i]suspenseful [/i]and [i]moody[/i] trip. Downward spiral that starts out slow and picks up speed. Worth the wait. These days, A.D.H.D. (no offense folks but I don't have it) seems to give people an excuse to not have any patience or appreciation for timimng. Had me on the edge of my seat, borderline frustrated. Think that's why they called that guy Hitchcock, the [i]Master of Suspence[/i].
I say, check it out. I did on a fluke. Great job on a budget. Hope to see some of the key players in future films. Would have liked a little [i]more violence[/i] (he he) but that would only had to a job well done. Told some friends about it, they think I'm crazy, so I told em to check it out themselves. You too!