Octopus - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Octopus Reviews

½ October 1, 2008
The SFX guys put way more effort into this than the cast, director, and writers combined. A+ bad horror movie.
March 30, 2008
good film love the whole giant octupus as a killer.
Jossepi
½ February 5, 2008
"Uh....Where's the octopus??? All I can hear is some dinosaur sound effect that's supposely the voice of the octopus under water!? This is a classic example of combining two worthless scripts into one masterpiece beyond hopelessness. DO NOT SHOW THIS TO PEOPLE WITH SUICIDAL TENDENCY. THEY WILL KILL THEMSELVES!!
½ February 3, 2008
HURRAH B-RATED MOVIES!!!!!
November 27, 2007
Bad overacting, crummy plotlines and sub plots. Bad special effects. Pretty sure you can see the squib on the old cop when he dies in the second sequence. lol
November 16, 2007
Despite having the potential for being a good monster movie, it isn't. No even remotely good actors. Shitty movie.
½ November 11, 2007
Why didn't they just name this boring movie "Random tentacles - now with totally unoriginal monster sounds!". And why call it Octopus if they don't intend to show the "monster" until the end?
½ October 29, 2007
Um... it's called OCTOPUS... but where the heck is it???? The movie was so unbelivable boring, it took 30 minutes to even get a glimpse of the Octopus, and it didn't even seem like it was suppose to be in the story at all, just slapped in so that people who love monster-movies would watch this crap.
½ October 18, 2007
This movie is complete garbage from start to finish. You don't really care for any of the characters and the plot is okay and the SPFX are forgivable. But it is total trash, do not see, stay away.
October 6, 2007
"Terrible acting, terrible special effects, the plot is retarded, and the octopus is a joke.
It's a masterpiece."

The guy who reveiwed this movie below me is probably extremely correct, if Octopus 2 was anything to go by. I MUST SEE IT NOW.
½ September 2, 2007
I dare anyone to guess what this is about.
½ August 11, 2007
Abysmal. So abysmal you have to see it, so you truly know what abysmal means. One of those movies where the hero is so lame you wish for him to lose and die slowly.
August 8, 2007
I found this gem on the Sci-Fi channel at 2am. The acting was bad. The plot took a roundabout way to get to where it did. It took forever to actually see the giant octopus...which special effects wise wasn't good. For some strange reason I kept watching it. I thought this looked like a movie out of the 80's, but find out it was made in 2000. Even better news, there's an Octopus 2!
July 18, 2007
Takes a while to get going but then there is no stopping it. Definitely the best film about an anaemic octopus that I have ever seen.
June 28, 2007
love it - too bad treat williams isn't in cos then it would have been awesome
June 25, 2007
The unfortunate thing about this film is that the star of the show (that's the octopus in case you're wondering) doesn't show up until about a third of the way into the film. Until we reach that moment we're shown how our friendly octopus is going to mutate into a large B-movie monster, in this case it's with the aid of the current threat we hear about in the news - anthrax. Following this we're quickly introduced to some of the characters that are going to be along for the ride, which includes a desk bound CIA agent and his terrorist prisoner, whose capture involves a chase sequence between the terrorist dressed in his best Hannibal Smith old lady outfit and the most spherical CIA agent in existence.

Once we have everyone onboard a sub and cruising along merrily the octopus starts to attack, now you?d expect to start seeing lots of octopus action going on but you get to see very little of the creature, in fact you only really get to see it in all it?s glory towards the end of the film. For some strange reason when the octopus breaks into the sub it?s tentacles are grabbing people and dragging them out of the sub the sub isn?t filling up with water. Amazing.
½ June 21, 2007
Very strange. I get the impression that there were once two scripts - one for a bad cold war thriller and the other for a bad monster octopus movie - but someone dropped both of them on the floor and the pages got muddled up.
½ June 15, 2007
This movie came from the pits of hell. There are concentration camp officers with more redeeming values than this movie.
½ June 13, 2007
Un des films les plus nuls de tous les temps ! une demi etoile pour les fous rires ! (et en plus, il y a l'air d'avoir un Octopus 2, avis aux amateurs...)
½ June 8, 2007
this movie is so bad, its good.