Odd One Dies Reviews

• Mar 14, 2016

Honestly I have no idea there was this quirky film ever existed. Quite surprisingly, however, this might have been the best performance delivered by Takeshi Kaneshiro, as well as co-star Carman Lee (& most probably -- even including the cameo Ken Choi), seen in their HK Cinema exposure ever.

• Jan 27, 2013

Almost 2/3rds of the way in, this is my exact thought: "This movie isn't just boring, it's absolute shit." This one I literally hated. I know the Hongkies only got extremely A.D.D. crazy movies for decades so they would be interested in something different but this is sooo bad in the opposite way. There is only like 5 things that happen in this 90 minute picture and they all suck.

One of the worst movies I've....ever....seen.

One of the worst movies I've....ever....seen.

• May 17, 2010

I really enjoyed it. The acting is perfect, the photography is great as well (very warm colours that reminded me of Wong Kar Wai films a little), and above all the use of music was delighful (a variety of cha-cha tracks that seem slightly out of place but at the same time, give the scenes a kind of detached irony, I don't know, it's just great). The story is nothing special, there's a nice twist at the end, otherwise it's not really the script but rather the style that makes the movie so good. The characters are delightfully quirky and have funny obessions and weird ways of having fun. It's a little violent, a couple of fights and fingers being cut but nothing too nasty to watch.

• May 13, 2009

A lovable gangster film with two quirky leads undeserving of its obscurity.

A lovable gangster film with two quirky leads undeserving of its obscurity.

• Sep 06, 2008

Aika hauska ja nokkela elokuva Johnnie To'n hengessä.

Aika hauska ja nokkela elokuva Johnnie To'n hengessä.