Odd Thomas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Odd Thomas Reviews

January 5, 2016
I really enjoyed this! It was a strange mix of several genre's (romance, comedy, horror, action), but entertaining and fast paced - and only 96 min! It's setup for a possible sequel, but not sure if anything will come of it.
January 3, 2016
About the only reason I can see critics disliking it is that Dean Koontz is not all about liberal ideology.
January 1, 2016
Odd Thomas is a charming movie and entertaining enough but not so much to make it a great movie.
½ December 16, 2015
A little sloppy, but the characters were fun and the premise was interesting. Kinda reminds me of Peter Jackson's 'The Frighteners'
½ November 30, 2015
As a fan of the book, the movie was enjoyable.
November 16, 2015
Entertaining enough but didnt quite achieve what they were going for.
½ November 15, 2015
awesome, love Dean Koontz, book would likely be better but this quirky movie - very enjoyable
November 15, 2015
I'll have to say that I rather enjoyed this one. Right from the start the tone and pace of the movie suggested something a bit quirky and, well, odd, ala the opening of Guardians of the Galaxy, albeit more subtle. The interaction between Odd and his girlfriend, Stormy, is also relatively endearing and relaxed, more representative of how young love plays out as opposed to the more forced hey-look-we're-in-love interaction seen in so many films. The story itself is well-written with nice pacing and plot twists complex enough to get by the average viewer. Nothing too heavy handed here, but not intended for sure. In addition, the private eye monologue trope of Odd works well creating a more intimate connection between lead and his audience. Finally, the ending is not highly unpredictable, but it works well enough even creating great possibilities for Odd Thomas sequels. Overall a lot of fun, solid action, and enough private dick figuring to keep most viewers engaged throughout.
November 14, 2015
great action horror comedy quirky movie. glad I gave it a chance
½ November 10, 2015
Written and directed by a man who's best movie was The Mummy, based on a book by someone who's been called 'A poor man's Stephen King', hot chicks, weird dialogue, over the top acting and cheap CGI, needless to say that I loved this movie. It's not great but it's so much fun and the cast is adorable, you know, like puppies.
November 3, 2015
Very engaging and true to the book. Enjoyed the movie beginning to end.
November 3, 2015
Thomas is no ordinary man, and for this odd guy seeing dead people is just another day on the job!!!
½ October 30, 2015
Was fun and entertaining enough to keep me interested throughout the film.

Recommended
October 28, 2015
3 stars. Good movie. Quirky dialog. Unfortunately NOT a horror movie. Yes this guy can see the dead. But definitely not scary.
October 10, 2015
Saw it and cried at the end but was drinking by myself. With that said, this movie is definitely better than most of the crap out there and thought the couple played their parts pretty darn well!
½ September 26, 2015
Quirky, enjoyable but slightly lightweight, this is an entertaining horror/thriller hybrid that maintains a brisk pace and sense of fun throughout.
September 26, 2015
Excellent movie. I loved the story line. Didn't read the books, but this definitely makes me want to. I recommend this movie to everyone! Just wonderful!
September 18, 2015
Anton Yelchin did a remarkable job as Odd Thomas and I hope they do make a sequel. I feel a lot of people did not give this movie a fair shot nor did they take into account that it is insanely hard to translate a book onto the main screen and keep the readers happy (just look at Harry Potter, Twilight, Percy Jackson movies. . . Nothing compared to the books) So if you could use your intelligence wisely and allow yourself to get immersed in his world and actually allow your feelings to connect to the characters in the movie you will see this was in deed a good movie and one that I support greatly. I believe they did a great job with what they had translating this to film and I am sure they can make a sequel even one step above this with the same actors if they can.
September 14, 2015
This could have been a good movie...but the dialogue is ridiculous and the characters are underdeveloped; there is no sense of attachment to them.