Odd Thomas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Odd Thomas Reviews

½ June 13, 2016
Odd Thomas is like watching a mystery backwards, with emotional (but low) tones and entertaining moments. The movie could have used a little more humor to take down some of the bleakness, and the twist ending-s play on a little too long. The title character is fun, but the other characters work well too.
May 30, 2016
In a film that takes 30 minutes to gain a plot, the bar was set low about 35 minutes in. Frankly, I didn't know how anything fit together until act 3, and then I knew how it would all play out. They'd keep adding criminals, to lengthen the mediocre plot. One more main protagonist would meet their end, because he's a seer and they need a twist. Oh, and there were certain scenes that were blatant foreshadowing, and then the scenes that pay off the build up were omitted. The main character named Odd, had little to no personality, and had many powers that sped up the second act. To speak about the second act, it was like 20 minutes, which is fine IF SOMETHING PAYED OFF FROM ACT 3! Feel free to watch this film, but don't get your hopes up.
May 28, 2016
Love that the author chose to do it the right way & NOT hollywood way. Yes they changed a few things but overall very good movie. If you know the books then you will want Netflix or a cable movie channel to jump in & do the other books!
May 25, 2016
Odd Thomas makes you experience an American fashion of movies. Although I liked the ending very much.
May 21, 2016
Funny how critics said this movie wasn't very good but audience members actually thought it was entertaining. Well I thought it was pretty good. What do critics know? It's with a watch. Maybe even a repeat watch.
½ May 21, 2016
An interesting take on the supernatural ability genre. I enjoyed this but it suffered from being too low budget which is a shame. The ideas were interesting but they just needed to be better executed.
May 16, 2016
Disappointing adaptation of the novel, hit only the basic plot points and the acting was... not good. Especially from the actress playing Stormy. That line delivery... wow.
April 30, 2016
I liked this movie, but I have read all of the books so I had a better understanding of his character.
April 5, 2016
It's as if M. Night Shamalayan wrote an after school special.
February 26, 2016
Odd Thomas manages to power fairly successfully through the first 20 minutes or so based on the wonky intensity of Anton Yelchin, but then quickly sinks into a swamp of risible dialogue, silly jump scares and telegraphed tropes.
February 23, 2016
That was a very cool movie, really enjoyed it
February 21, 2016
Awesome movie! Great special effects!
February 17, 2016
Very well made movie
½ February 15, 2016
Wow Movie surprised me for sure, really liked and and would be cool if it had spun a series, like the whole idea and concept and characters
February 7, 2016
The most annoying thing about this film is the promise of how good it was going to be from the get-go. It was so well set up & completely original with fab casting. Sadly massive let-down from halfway through onwards. The creators should turn this year into a fast-paced TV series. It would be kick ass!
February 4, 2016
Seeming very nearly like the setup piece for a imminent TV series, this film creatively introduces a hero who uses his supernatural gifts to fight crime, which pretty much sounds like a CW offering come to think of it. It relies on quite a lot of CGI for the action but, while seldom boring, it also fails to completely engage. We are given Characterization Light so as to speed us along to the next action sequence lest we get bored, left with the feeling that we'll get more in depth stuff once the series starts up. Oh well.
February 1, 2016
Ignore the professional critics, Odd Thomas was simply wonderful.
January 31, 2016
I think they should released a TV series out of this.
January 28, 2016
Scant little mystery, but not offensively bad.
January 20, 2016
I loved it and hope they make more. Loved the entire cast!!!