Off and Running Reviews

• Jan 19, 2014

Emotionally involving documentary about adoption and the search for birth parents.

• Jun 14, 2011

really interesting doc of adoptive families.

really interesting doc of adoptive families.

• Aug 18, 2010

Avery comes from a loving family nicknamed The United Nations. Her search and contact with her birth mother causes Avery to fall into a downward spiral. Thankfully she manages to pull herself out of it but the journey is long and painful. A fascinating look at a modern American family and the obstacles they face. Thank goodness for diversity.

• Jan 29, 2010

Tough and beautiful Eye Opener 'Documentary' really! great really subtle smartly executed!

• Jan 16, 2010

Very close look at the life of a young black Jewish teen in New York city. Never thought I'd ever say that in my life. This young girl has great composure and is very sure of her self, all the while looking for her identity. I was getting more into it as the story progressed, and then a turn for the worse. Just as life was knocking at the door the film ended. So I guess it left me wanting more.

• Jul 13, 2009

this movie is so funny. Cyndi Lauper makes this movie worthwhile!

this movie is so funny. Cyndi Lauper makes this movie worthwhile!

• Mar 22, 2009

Not as great as VIBES, but definitely a good one!

Not as great as VIBES, but definitely a good one!