Oh Heavenly Dog - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Oh Heavenly Dog Reviews

April 10, 2014
Quite possibly the worst movie of all time. Due to the benevolent nature of time (and the success of Caddyshack), this movie is/was almost completely forgotten. Horrendous.
½ January 4, 2014
pretty bland movie the only good thing about this film imo is watching the dog perform and act hes pretty good
November 30, 2013
a total miscalculation from start to finish
April 24, 2012
Sure it was cheesy, but it was cute. =)
April 2, 2012
A REALLY CUTE, SWEET MOVIE ! ONE OF MY FAVORITES !
March 31, 2012
Meh. A Chevy Chase vehicle and a Benji vehicle that pretty much fails all around.
March 23, 2012
This film tries to capitalize on the fading stars of both Chevy Chase and Benji, and the product is still so-so.
½ January 28, 2012
Wow, why do we need so many of these guys becoming dogs movies? I don't like that idea, but I did find this movie to be pretty funny because of Chevy, so it was fun.
December 27, 2011
½ November 8, 2011
My favorite canaine Actor is back on thr scene in a film lacking substacial material. I'm sure this film was created for the cast and not the aduience.
½ June 9, 2011
Chase plays a detective who gets killed and comes back to Earth as a dog to solve the crime he was working on. Usually movies where people turn into animals or something are stupid and unfunny, but there's a good amount of comedy in this movie. It's not great, but it's entertaining, and better than I expected.
½ September 24, 2010
"Chase and Seymour are charming. Benji is amazing."
Los Angeles Times

A delightful romp in which Chevy Chase and Benji actually play the same part. Chevy stumbles into a murder, of himself! And in Heaven is told he must return to earth to solve his own murde
July 26, 2010
An okay sequel-of-sorts to Benji. Chevy Chase deserved better.
½ July 2, 2010
What can I say, I love dogs and i am a Chevy Chase fan, sue me. A fun little film.
June 5, 2010
The height of the Benji craze. It's a funny little film I saw as a child great shots of Europe which was very very cool
FilmFanatik
January 15, 2010
January 17, 2009
My god this sounds stupid...
December 10, 2008
no thanks not my kinda thing
October 25, 2008
Chevy Chase stars as a private eye, who is murdered. Chase's character, Benjamin Browning is then given the chance to return to earth to solve his own murder. But he can only return as a dog. Benji - I'm sure you all know about Benji, he stars as Benjamin Browning in dog form.

Browning gets help from a beautiful writer(Jane Seymour) who is writing a book on the case. Although she doesn't know she is actually helping him, she goes along with it, in the end helping him more ways then one.

I recommend this movie if you want not only a bit of a laugh but some suspense.