Oh Heavenly Dog - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Oh Heavenly Dog Reviews

½ June 9, 2011
Chase plays a detective who gets killed and comes back to Earth as a dog to solve the crime he was working on. Usually movies where people turn into animals or something are stupid and unfunny, but there's a good amount of comedy in this movie. It's not great, but it's entertaining, and better than I expected.
FilmFanatik
November 24, 2007
Meh. A Chevy Chase vehicle and a Benji vehicle that pretty much fails all around.
November 22, 2007
A great concept of having a murdered detective come back to life as a dog to solve his own murder. There's enough romance and comedy to make for an enjoyable movie. The rainy London setting is wonderfully atmospheric and the ending is something special. I want to see it again soon.
½ September 3, 2010
Wow, why do we need so many of these guys becoming dogs movies? I don't like that idea, but I did find this movie to be pretty funny because of Chevy, so it was fun.
½ November 8, 2011
My favorite canaine Actor is back on thr scene in a film lacking substacial material. I'm sure this film was created for the cast and not the aduience.
May 21, 2008
Not one of Chevy Chase's best films but the pairing of him with Benji makes this a must see family movie to watch!!!!!!!
April 21, 2008
Cute story but it's not particularly memorable. The cast does a good enough job and Benji is of course very smart and adorable. It's hard not to like a dog movie.
½ May 31, 2007
I hadn't seen this movie in 20 years. I recently watched it and was amazed at how much I still liked it. Benji the dog is amazing and Chase is funny during his peak years. The Theme song by Paul MaCartney is great. One of those rare films that kids and adults can both enjoy. That's right I said I liked a Benji movie, suck it.
½ May 30, 2007
A surprisingly well-done film, with entertaining plot and humor that appeals to more than just the lowest common denominator.
½ May 1, 2007
A detective (Chase) is shot to death while investigating a crime scene. After arriving in heaven he is reassigned to come back to as the next person or animal to die (which happens to be a dog). Back on earth as a dog, it is up to him to find out who his killer was and who also shot the victim he was investigating when he was shot. 10cc's provides most of the synth soundtrack which is surprisingly good!
November 14, 2006
Benji and Chevy Chase share top billing in the sappy story about a dead guy who comes back in Benji's body to solve his own murder. Jane Seymour looks good though.
April 10, 2014
Quite possibly the worst movie of all time. Due to the benevolent nature of time (and the success of Caddyshack), this movie is/was almost completely forgotten. Horrendous.
½ January 4, 2014
pretty bland movie the only good thing about this film imo is watching the dog perform and act hes pretty good
November 30, 2013
a total miscalculation from start to finish
April 24, 2012
Sure it was cheesy, but it was cute. =)
April 2, 2012
A REALLY CUTE, SWEET MOVIE ! ONE OF MY FAVORITES !
March 31, 2012
March 23, 2012
This film tries to capitalize on the fading stars of both Chevy Chase and Benji, and the product is still so-so.
½ September 3, 2010