Oh My God - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Oh My God Reviews

August 19, 2013
This is not the documentary for me.
April 1, 2013
Best movie I've ever seen lol xoxoxo
March 3, 2013
Religion! Something wars are fought for- what irony
February 3, 2013
A pretty good movie!!!! Theres only one part i hated and its related to people from the university i studied at... Didnt get that part since they r not experts however i really liked it!!!
June 22, 2012
Not as good as I thought it would be. But, still worth a view. My favorite part was when the interviewer asked a Kabbalist if he believed in the existence of God. He answered "No.". The interviewer said "You don't believe in God?" He said. "Yes. But, I don't believe the word existence applies to God."
½ November 6, 2011
Peter Rodger has created a visually compelling documentary as he chronicles his journey around the globe asking people who - or what - they think God is. Although many of the personalities are interesting, and the visuals are striking, the movie does not really amount to much more than eye candy. Rodger does not really plumb any kind of theological depth in his film, preferring rather to allow his interviewees to state and restate platitudes. It might be an interesting film as a conversation starter, but it feels like it probably meant more to Rodger as a personal piece than it works as an investigation of God.
April 7, 2011
an interesting premise that fails to deliver, and proves to be boring pretty soon, only saw about 45 minutes an then right to sleep...
½ February 16, 2011
Uma boa idéia na teoria. Como filme, muito fraco.
½ January 11, 2011
I think this was a brilliant documentary. It just comes to show that religious fantasist corrupt words to further push their own agenda.
½ January 9, 2011
I understand the confusion and contradictions brought up in this documentary because I once asked myself the same exact questions... What is God? Despite the approach to truth, I can tell you that though we are of God, we are clearly not God. If we were, there would be no contradictions, no wars, no sin, and therefore no curses, no punishment, and no judgment because we would be perfect... If anyone was God, let that person change the world with a thought and a word. Something I also found very interesting was all the world religions unanimously referred to God as "him/he" male. Coincidence?
December 9, 2010
The similarities of religions are amazing! Except one?
November 1, 2010
Terribly messy and disorganised with cheesy royalty-free background music. Features a dull, cynical Bob Geldof and Wolverine himself, all along seemingly answering its own self-satisfied and boring question.
½ September 5, 2010
I believe Peter Rodger did an amazing job..The idea of the documentary, the places & cinematography was so peaceful & breath-taking totally matching the concept of the documentary.

Every answer will inspire you with sth one way or another, he was fair while mentioning all points of view, even when some Afghanistanis represented Islam in a TOTAL wrong way, he went back to some more open-minded, educated muslims for some correct interpretation..

I could write pages about this movie! It needs a note with a whole review.
½ September 1, 2010
Well, let's see, it was not the best documentary ever, it was kinda slow (I was dozing off for a a moment), and well there was not any new insight on the topic what is God? I already knew every religion wants to imposse their god as the only "real and true" one, that's why I don't have a religion, I do believe in God but I'm not attached to any religion.
Anyway, the film had it's good things, very beautiful locations, lots of known artists, a positive message saying "fighting over religion is pretty dumb" and Ringo saying God is love, which at the end, is all we want right?
August 29, 2010
August 24, 2010
An obnoxious documentary as a result of over-editing and inappropriate music that makes it impossible for any person to have an honest moment to answer the question "what is God?" onscreen. Terrible.
August 20, 2010
Like most of the religious documentaries...
½ August 15, 2010
EXCELLENT IDEA...

but terrible execution
½ July 26, 2010
Preguntale a cualquier persona "¿Que es Dios?" y grabalo y ya tienes tu documental con raras situaciones de como extremistas, fanaticos, gurus, magos, actores, indigentes, viajados y demas tratan de explicarte el concepto.

la conclusion? la religion es mala, es mejor tener una sola religion y evitar peleas ... LO QUE SOLO NOS LLEVA A OTRO TIPO DE MANIPULACION AUN PEOR; LA MONOPOLICA y semanas despues la TOTALITARIA.
½ July 4, 2010
Should be required viewing for students.