Okami kodomo no ame to yuki (The Wolf Children Ame and Yuki) Reviews

• Feb 01, 2020

While occasionally schmaltzy and somewhat predictable, it is hard not to admire the many bold choices at play from the visuals to the narrative conceit, which are sometimes exhilarating, distractingly ridiculous at others, but always thoughtfully enigmatic.

• Jan 17, 2020

One of my favorite anime movies. Poetic, heartfelt, effective and even better, consistently focusing in the themes as very few anime movies manage to do. Both a coming of age and a parenting allegory that hits closer to home than one could think.

• Dec 26, 2019

The experiences of Ame, Yuki, and their mother are set in a modern fairy tale. Somehow this medium makes it easier to relate for those who have experience similar joys and hardships. Hosoda applies his skills very well in this stunning, genre crossing anime.

• Dec 05, 2019

The Movie Okami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki, is a beautiful movie that pulls at heartstrings and lets a viewer look into the life of a single parent. For a class, I am taking we looked at a handful of movies and analyzed the aspects of family within them. This movie showed many topics discussed in our class. Such as cohabitation instead of marriage, children in a cohabitation, then single parenthood.

• Nov 28, 2019

fuck i can't watch the movie

fuck i can't watch the movie

• Aug 22, 2019

An inspirational and heart-melting modern fable about single-motherhood and acceptance, director Mamoru Hosoda helms "Wolf Children" with dignity, frankness, and little restraint in being weird on occasion.

• Jul 14, 2019

FANTASTIC!! LOVE IT!

FANTASTIC!! LOVE IT!

• Mar 28, 2019

I usually donï¿ 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2 1/2(TM)t like too many of ghibli movies. But I thoroughly enjoyed this one

• Mar 13, 2019

A better love story than Twilight.

A better love story than Twilight.

• Jan 07, 2019