The Old Man Who Read Love Stories (2001)
Release Date: Mar 7, 2001 Wide
Average Rating: 3.6/5
User Ratings: 235
Based on the novel by Luis Sepulveda, this drama stars Richard Dreyfuss as Antonio Bolivar, an elderly man who lives in a small village along the Amazon River. Many years ago, Bolivar and his young wife came to the village as part of an effort to colonize the area; the couple was welcomed by Nushino (Victor Bottenbley), leader of the native tribes, but after a fever took the life of his spouse and attacks by fortune seekers caused the natives to turn their backs on the white settlers, Bolivar
Mar 7, 2001 Wide
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Audience Reviews for The Old Man Who Read Love Stories
There are no featured audience reviews yet. Click the link below to see what others say about The Old Man Who Read Love Stories!
- Luis Agalla (Mayor): "It says knock you idiot!"
- Antonio Bolivar: "Ke-knock, then en-ter"
- Luis Agalla (Mayor): "That is not a gondola!"
- Antonio Bolivar: "Looks like a gondola"
- Antonio Bolivar: "Ar-dent-ly"
- Antonio Bolivar: "Sar-din-es"
Discuss The Old Man Who Read Love Stories on our Movie forum!