The Old Settler - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Old Settler Reviews

½ October 10, 2012
Great Movie! The ending surprised me, it didn't end like I predicted but overall it's a awesome movie! The chemistry between Phylicia Rashad & her sister Debbie Allen is awesome!
April 5, 2012
Two sisters(Allen and Rashad)are living together in WW2 Harlem. Rashad takes in a border intended to get his old girlfriend and take her back home to South Carolina where they both come from, but things change, when he sets his cap for Rashad, a single middle aged woman, called An Old Settler; scandal of scandal, they get involved to the chagrin of Allen and the tongue wagging of the community, folks are alarmed. One of my absolute favorite movies.
June 8, 2008
This movie waz funny
April 12, 2008
love this movie love debbie and phylicia
November 20, 2007
[You commented on this movie]
Comments:
really crap ~

really crap ~
August 16, 2007
August 7, 2007
It was really good, pretty much exactly like the play. They didn't really take any liberties with the play to make it more "interesting" and I like that.
May 1, 2007
Fantastic! Debbie Allen is the best director in the business
March 29, 2007
not heard of this one
August 22, 2006
Finally they do a project together