Olivier Olivier - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Olivier Olivier Reviews

December 14, 2014
A strange, yet greatly intriguing film that focuses on a family's heartbreak after the loss of their youngest child. What seems to make the family's endurance even more complicated is his apparent resurface, several years later. One question remains even after finishing the film: is this the real Olivier?
April 27, 2014
A strangely haunting tale of family dysfunction that lingers in your mind long after the movie is over.
½ October 21, 2012
Thought I was watching the French version of My Name Is Steven but then it gets crazy! This is worth checking out!
February 19, 2009
It's very clever and well made, but the film seems to step outside of its bounds when it includes the magic and the incest. Makes you think "Really? This is a true story? I HIGHLY doubt this".
October 21, 2008
I just saw it again, after many, many years. Every piece is beautifully put together. One of my all time dearest film.
September 14, 2008
This may be Agnieszka Holland‚??s most curious and elliptical film, especially given the intriguing manner in which it mixes melodrama and the supernatural. I would probably have to see it again before I could speak intelligently about it, but this is one of those films which I appreciated even if I did not fully understand it. Visually, the film is beautiful even in the somewhat worn vhs copy I watched it on. Overall, it engages in spiritual questions more effectively than later works of hers such as The Third Miracle or The Healer. While I still have mixed feelings about that spiritual side of her work (which is aesthetically minor when compared to Tarkovsky or Kieslowski, though that‚??s probably not a reasonable comparison), and prefer the rich political and historical questions of her films like Fever or A Lonely Woman, I did find Olivier Olivier quite fascinating and hope to see it again on dvd soon.
July 26, 2008
Ok this was my favorite movie for a long time. Still up there. Still the first one to roll off my tongue. A potent dose of magic realism, mystery and psychological melodrama. Gregoirie Colin and Marina Golovine are kinetic. Holland's most even-handed and best work.
½ May 23, 2008
Disturbing but brilliant movie. I'd say that Lovely Bones probably took some ideas from this movie.
November 9, 2007
Ah yes, there are subtitles in this movie but the whole story and feel of the movie is great. Agnieska Holland is truly a great story teller. Gregoir Colin gives a compelling performance. A must see for the art house admirers.
½ October 26, 2007
wonderfull movie about how lost changes a family and about how we want to believe the best very sad but good
September 21, 2007
saw this in 92 have never forgot it heartwrenching
September 15, 2007
I loved this movie. It wasn't perfect and it did have some questionable areas, but it was interesting and compelling.
August 22, 2007
I only seen it once, 6 years ago but it made so big impression on me that I will never forget about it.
August 21, 2007
It's a really interesting film (even if the twist ending isn't very shocking) but it takes a serious misstep in including this strange, magical element with daughter, and is filled with some Freudian undertones that clog the plot.
½ August 15, 2007
Its just good, very interesting, i couldnt turn away, very sexual and erotic in a sick way.
½ August 13, 2007
A delicate magnetic mystery.
½ August 8, 2007
Kind of disturbing, but definitely worth watching.
½ July 31, 2007