Olympus Has Fallen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Olympus Has Fallen Reviews

½ May 17, 2016
I know that I shouldn't take this movie seriously but I am that kind of a person. The plot is unbearable due to its' simplicity and the characters could had been developed much better. VFX is cringing and many continuity errors. Olympus has fallen is another typical american patriotic cheesy badass action movie that casual moviegoers might enjoy.
May 16, 2016
Rewatch. AMERICA FUCK YEAH! This is so cringey but the action is first class. The siege on the White House is spectacular. Although I feel that it would have been a much better film with a different actor in the lead. Butler is a nasty cunt though and gets the job done.
May 10, 2016
Olympus Has Fallen is a fun action flick that deserves to be watched.
½ May 2, 2016
An enjoyable surprise that brings back 80s and 90s action to mainstream media and attention in a time where gritty, dark, realism take the demand.
½ April 14, 2016
Disappointing, no storyline but good action.
April 14, 2016
I enjoyed this movie alot. It was a good movie. So much action and the thrilled was awesome couldn't stop watching it. Great movie. :-) And the guy who played Mike Benning was HOT. ;-)
½ April 13, 2016
Olympus has Fallen nos ofrece dos horas de acción lleno de intriga, aunque ligeramente predecible, no deja de ser una película que se puede disfrutar.
April 13, 2016
Very good action, exactly what it was billed as.
½ April 8, 2016
"Die Hard in the White House", yet easily one of the most entertaining and well crafted action movies in recent years, benefitting from its R rating, and favorable comparison to the similar but less impressive White House Down, released slightly later the same year.
April 2, 2016
Great American movie, even better than "Zero Dark Thirty".Makes you love being American and hate Asians haha. would definitely recommend it to anyone!
½ March 30, 2016
What a dumb, fun, entertaining movie this is. There really is no real story in this movie, other than an attack on the White House. Then it's just straight up "Die Hard" after that, and it's so beautiful to finally get to see a good "Die Hard" movie again. Gerard Butler plays Mike Banning, who is basically just British John McClane. And then we have Aaron Eckhart as Benjamin Asher, the POTUS and Morgan Freeman as Allan Trumbull, the public speaker. They are very good too. This is just a very dumb action movie, and those are the kind of movies that I really love to watch.
March 29, 2016
Antoine Fuqua es un director muy irregular: puede ofrecernos un clásico instantáneo como "Training Day" como basura disfrutable tipo "Olympus Has Fallen". Esta es la historia del escolta del presidente de los Estados Unidos (un ultrasádico Gerard Butler) y cómo este se enfrenta prácticamente solo a un ejército de soldados norcoreanos que invaden la Casa Blanca y Secuestran al Jefe de Estado (Aaron Eckhart como una especie de "damiselo" en peligro). Las referencias a "In The Line Of Fire" y a "Die Hard" son descaradas, y su patriotismo de mierda es cursi a más no poder, pero gracias a la estilización visual de Fuqua y a unas escenas de acción bien logradas, la película logra su objetivo: divertir y generar catarsis. Esta dosis de testosterona debe verse con el cerebro casi desconectado y con una pizza y varias cervezas al lado.
March 28, 2016
Brilliant brilliant brilliant had me gripped from start to finish.
½ March 27, 2016
What happens when the yippee-kay-ay gets removed from Die Hard? It becomes a lot less enjoyable.
½ March 25, 2016
Die Hard in the White House is a really fun, well directed ride even thought many characters are very one note.

Rating: 6.9 (C+)
½ March 21, 2016
Really liked this movie, good action. Better than White House down. Why such a bad rating?
Christopher O.
March 21, 2016
Worlds better than White House Down and Butler is a much mo believable hero than Channing Tatum. Taut and tense and well shot and directed by Antoine Fuqua. Very violent but a decent action film. 03-20-2016
March 20, 2016
Good action/guy flick. Butler pulls off the lead role.
March 20, 2016
well what a load of rubbish. no story just loads of fighting and one man saves the world on his own against hundreds of terrorist's. As if! I just hate action films. only gave this 2 stars and not 1 cos leanne thought it was really good!
½ March 20, 2016
Typical actioner in that there is one man, our hero, up against a terrorist army ... and the terrorists, arrogant and cruel, don't know what we know, that they don't have a chance. Be prepared for the classic/obligatory scene wherein a hundred bad guys shoot at our hero and everyone of them misses, but every shot the hero fires back not only finds a target but does so spectacularly. Why do they make these? Because it's a fantasy that has not found bottom yet. People still buy the dream. Quite literally a dramatization of the old parental warning: "don't make me get up and teach you a lesson cause the learning's gonna hurt you." There's an interesting segment wherein a woman is tortured as badly as a man would be - glass ceiling break, baby.