The Omega Code - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Omega Code Reviews

½ April 5, 2015
The Omega Code is a movie for everyone who enjoys a good thriller. at it's core this move is an action adventure spy-film-esk movie about an average guy who tries to avert a rich and powerful businessman from playing out the prophesies like a movie script that would ultimately bring about the rapture and thus the apocalypse. you don;t have to be a Christian to like this movie, fun and entertaining i give this movie a 3.5 out of 5 = 70% = C-
½ March 19, 2014
Tuesday, March 18, 2014

(1999) The Omega Code
THRILLER

This movie is like a low budget rendition of "The DaVinci Code" released in 2006 and "Raiders Of The Lost Ark". Stars Casper Van Dien as Gillen Lane, a self help motivational guru, and works as an encryptor on the side, partially tricked into encoding the Holy Bible, by tycoon magnate Stone Alexander (Michael York). That once the Bible is encrypted, then that one person is supposed to consist to become something unexplainable. Stone also has a sidekick named Dominec (Michael Ironside) who's intentions is to execute anyone is on the way, as well as to retrieve all the Bible's already encoded passages. Also starring is Van Dien's real life wife Catherine Oxenberg playing as a reporter. The movie felt very rushed, and the budget shows as viewers are subjected to cheesy special effects. It sometimes looks like a Roger Cormon movie by todays standards.

1 out of 4 stars
July 27, 2012
this movie wasnt that good at all!!!!
½ March 22, 2012
I nearly walked out on this film. I should've gone with that impulse. Terrible.
February 18, 2012
Being a born-again Christian, I am seriously disappointed in the efforts of these filmmakers. Seriously, who did they make this film for? Certainly not the unbeliever, and certainly not Christians...er, wait, they were the only ones who watched it. Sneaky devils...
½ August 30, 2011
was ok, but found I rather hated the ending
½ January 22, 2011
The Omega Code overloads on spirituality, blandness, and bad acting.
½ January 3, 2011
The Omega Code overloads on spirituality, blandness, and bad acting.
June 5, 2010
Terrible low-budget christian film that was actually rather popular back when it came out.
½ May 24, 2010
Preposterous and low budget rubbish. The plot is dreadful and never once is it in the least bit convincing. The acting is not awful, but it certainly isn?t good. Michael York comes off best. It?s all so phony. The special effects are poor and the direction is awful.
½ May 24, 2010
38/100. Preposterous and low budget rubbish. The plot is dreadful and never once is it in the least bit convincing. The acting is not awful, but it certainly isn't good. Michael York comes off best. It's all so phony. The special effects are poor and the direction is awful.
May 21, 2010
I really can't believe that some people gave that movie 5 stars.... Well I guess to each his own. Anyway boring movie, boring plot, mediocre execution. we should be able to sue people for making us waste time watching movies like this one.
½ April 12, 2010
Yeah the story is stupid, the characters are one-dimensional, the leaps of logic are stupid but none of that matters when Casper Van Dien's and Michael York's ultra-hammy performances are extremely entertaining. This isn't a good movie, but it certainly is an awesome movie if you feel the need to have a good laugh.
November 9, 2009
8/10- I loved this christian, Historical adventure movie. It has alot of suspense, action, meaning, information, and overall its an exhilarating ride that will have you falling in love. The part where hes in the cell and the demons surround him and he praves for forgiveness and the demons vanish is so heartwarming and awe-inspiring, it made me smile so big. For any Christian this movie will easily please you, and for the rest i still think you should see it, it's a good movie.
½ October 2, 2009
Spend time reading the book of revelation and other biblical prophecy on Eschatology rather than watching this train wreck of a film. I'm opposed to this one both as a Christian and a fan of cinema
September 21, 2009
It's an okay movie, good to pass the time by.
½ August 14, 2009
My my... it was almost better than the two [The Da Vinci Code], almost. Surprisingly substantial.
½ August 12, 2009
June 23, 2009
This wretched jumbo helping of Christian Fundamentalist agitprop takes itself entirely too seriously to be anything but ploddingly dull.
terris85017
April 12, 2009
I recommend this one. A possible version of events which might precede Armaggedon. Amazing cast....Robert Ito & Michael York