Omg Oh My God! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Omg Oh My God! Reviews

March 16, 2013
The satire notwithstanding, the movie doesn't talk about Karma theory (past karmic debts), which is imho the essence of Hinduism.
March 13, 2013
Was great fun. I think it was adapted from a play and a job well done. Great concept and message and some hilarious dialogues with very good performances.
February 21, 2013
Except those scenes with Akshay Kumar glorified as God and that ridiculous bike scene, a good movie with an excellent story line.
½ February 18, 2013
double thumbs up.. (y) (y)
½ February 17, 2013
people need to learn from such movies,awesome
January 31, 2013
The most entertaining and awesome movie of the year in Bollywood with such a unique topic.
A must watch for everyone to get to know how we should actually look at GOD regardless of religion.
Very well acted and brilliant comedy!!
Finally one decent movie by Akshay after a series of bad stuff.
January 25, 2013
What a refreshing religious story about what religion should truly be
January 24, 2013
Great Movie with decent sense of humor & loads of things people can learn from
January 22, 2013
atheist hinduism. you learn something every day. this was a very mature comedy film coming from bollywood standards and I actually am suprised it didn't cause any negative events in india
½ January 19, 2013
omg is entertainment at its best.......but storytelling can never be called its strong point. paresh rawal is a gem, akshay makes god believable nd mithun's gay saint is worth a watch.
½ January 12, 2013
The movie is a strong case against blind faith at the same time not endorsing agnostic views. Today religion has become a huge business run by godmen. Be god loving not god fearing. That's the message.
It starts off well but it gets very preachy and boring. Paresh Rawal is good but supporting artists are very mediocre.
January 6, 2013
Simply brilliant! A BIG thanks to Kasturi for recommending it!
January 6, 2013
An excellent thought provoking movie on religions with great dialogues and ideology. Paresh Rawal gave his best and exceptional with his dialogue delivery. This movie explains how people simply believe in religions and traditions without any logic. and how some people bluffs in the name of god. I think everyone should watch this movie and change their opinions on gods and religions. I dont want you to become atheist, I just mean that you dont need religion or traditions to pray god. If you still don't open you eyes after watching this movie,then no one can stop you from being a fool!
PantaOz
½ January 2, 2013
This Bollywood comedy was recommended to me by my RT friend and finally I got it. I wasn't aware, before watching it, that this is the Indian version of the Australian film "The man who sued God" with Billy Connolly. Directed by Umesh Shukla, the movie is based on a Gujarati play called Kanji Virudh Kanji (literally Kanji vs. Kanji), and as I mentioned the plot is almost identical to that of the Australian film.

Box Office India declared the film a Superhit after its three week run and it is understandable with actors like Paresh Rawal in the lead role and Akshay Kumar in a cameo as Lord Krishna; along with Mithun Chakraborty, Lubna Salim, Poonam Jhawer, Govind Namdeo, Mahesh Manjrekar, Nidhi Subbaiah, Murli Sharma and Om Puri in supporting roles. Of course, the director couldn't miss the opportunity to have stars like Prabhu Deva and Sonakshi Sinha and he gave them a chance to appear in the song "Go Govinda". It is well balanced movie, suitable for all ages. Starts really well but later loses a little bit of the tempo and drags for a while. I don't think that the cinema audience would mind because in Indian cinemas there is an Interlude and maybe this slower tempo was a preparation for the rest, drink or popcorn! Whatever is the need... I needed nothing and this was one of the downs in a movie over 2 hours long.

The arguments are much better developed than in the Australian version where the focus was more on the legal implications! Very brave in the approach of answering questions fearlessly. I enjoyed it... even as a remake... I hope you'll do the same!
½ December 24, 2012
It was a nice movie overall but Paresh Rawal did the trick.
December 23, 2012
Great movie. Synopsis: Have the belief within yourself.
December 23, 2012
genuine & clean concept rather than any mindless entertainment; resonate with not only the youth but a lot of us who blindly follow religious practices without Logic
December 21, 2012
This movie has a good script and some awesome dialogues about religion and how people don't use their brains anymore when it comes to belief and worshiping.
½ December 19, 2012
Good concept but lots of disaprovements.
December 18, 2012
Educating movie..don't forget to watch it guys!!