On Approval Reviews

• Jun 19, 2016

Slmply one of the most amusintng comedies of the 1940's. Clive Brook - who adapted the playm directed and starred in this film does a brilliant job. Very dry humor, and also notable for being one of the few films starring Beatice Lillie, who is a delight.

• Sep 15, 2014

It has it's moments and some good zingers, but not nearly enough to sustain an hour and 20 minutes of mirth, more like an hour and 20 minutes of occasional amusement.

• May 13, 2014

Fair classic British comedy, it didn’t seem to have the sophistication and clever writing of other British comedies from that time period. It is enjoyable though, good cast, but it’s not very memorable.

• Aj V Super Reviewer
    Sep 05, 2010

Somewhat funny and somewhat boring, that's what I remember feeling towards this movie, but I can't seem to remember the story at the moment, and Flixster doesn't have it either. I'll watch it again sometime.

• Nov 07, 2009

Fair classic British comedy, it didn?t seem to have the sophistication and clever writing of other British comedies from that time period. It is enjoyable though, good cast, but it?s not very memorable.

• Oct 30, 2007

The attitude toward relationships is utterly caustic and cynical (in other words, realistic!) and the zingers are like 19th century "Married...With Children."