On Broadway - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

On Broadway Reviews

September 14, 2012
Not the next Good Will Hunting but still good.
½ July 5, 2012
This movie had a very slow start, but the ending was sweet so I am glad that I watched it.
January 9, 2011
When I first started watching this, I wasn't sold. But I decided to stick it out because of all the good reviews I've read, and I'm really glad I did. It takes a little while to get going, but once it does, it's beautiful. I really enjoyed this.
½ April 13, 2010
A wonderful little film. Family, friends, culture and passion. It is stilted in parts but overall a triumph about love of it all. Great rental.
January 5, 2010
Superb drama..a simple and well written story which is very well enacted..Have to say was very touching and is a recommended family watch!!
September 5, 2009
joey mcintyre is a natural born actor i just love his performce it is a must see
August 30, 2009
Heartfelt, but poor acting skills of the cast (esp. Eliza Dushku - yikes) took some of the power out of it. I only downloaded it to our Netflix queue b/c Joey McIntyre is and will always be my favorite New Kid :) Not a great movie, but not a horrible one either.
½ March 28, 2009
[font=Comic Sans MS]Excellent story, with great direction and a fantastic cast. I believe the writer/director had also co-written Southie back in the 90's which was a well done indie.[/font]
February 3, 2009
On Broadway is a warm and affectionate film with a big heart. The bright sparks were Eliza Dushku, Will Arnett, Amy Poehler, and Lucas Caleb Rooney.
October 5, 2008
Honestly, I really shouldn't like this film as much as I do. My impulse is to try and save face by turning up my nose and walking on, no doubt in search of some "real" cinema. But, in the end, I found this film to be absolutely charming, at times hitting so close to home that I was sure the film was based on my life. Really, really loved it.
April 9, 2008
gonna go out on a limb and give this one 5 stars. call me crazy.
½ April 7, 2008
It's a film about Boston by Bostonians. I got to respect that.
April 6, 2008
Probably the best movie I saw at the phoenix film fest, so far anyway.
½ March 18, 2008
Went to the movie with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. Lots of JP landmarks and a little Kenny!
½ March 15, 2008
It was nice "boston" movie and I enjoyed seeing some familiar places. The actors were great and the jokes funny. It was awesome to see Brian and Bryan in several scenes as the extras. Way to go boys!
November 11, 2007
This is honestly one of the best films I have seen in a long time. A very touching story.
August 5, 2007
this movie is great i see and i like it
June 15, 2007
Jack O'Toole's beloved uncle Pete dies unexpectedly. After the wake, Jack decides to write a play based on the wake and to celebrate the life of his uncle. With the help of his fellow Boston friends, he attempts to put on the production of the play, even if it means having it performed in a little Irish Pub.

Written and directed by Dave McLaughlin and starring Joseph McIntyre, the wonderful film was a joy to watch. I loved the whole cast, they were well written and the actors did a great job. I was very impressed by Joseph McIntyre, he has come a long nicely since his early days as a member of New Kids on the Block. I also enjoyed the small role that Mike O'Malley played. The soundtrack was also amazing, the songs fit the story perfectly.
June 11, 2007
Only worth seeing at a film festival.
½ June 10, 2007
I saw this at the Waterfront Film Festival in Saugatuck, MI. It's a beautiful film.