On Her Majesty's Secret Service - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

On Her Majesty's Secret Service Reviews

October 25, 2016
New guy did fine, don't see how he is a model. Blofield is different, no scar. Started fine, got boring with endless chases. Married girl, she gets killed in the end
½ September 25, 2016
A good movie. There are many flaws, though. George Lazenby was not James Bond in any way that Connery was. The little montage of Tracy and Lazenby really annoyed me. Tracy was a good Bond girl I guess. Telly Savalas was good as Blofeld.
Christopher O.
½ August 7, 2016
My first viewing of the one Bond film that featured an actor only once as the British super spy. More spy film less comedy and double meanings Lazenby was rather good as Bond and fit the tuxedo well enough. DIana Rigg is beautiful and exciting and now my favorite Bond girl. Savalas also plays the villain with aplomb. Beautiful scenery and nerve breaking stunts on skis, cars and bobsleds. Maybe a little too long is my major complaint. 07-31-2016
July 29, 2016
OHMSS is like the ugly duckling in the Franchise, unloved, but radically different
July 29, 2016
George Lazenbys one and only Bond film should of been a disaster but it was better than I was expecting, Introducing a new Bond was always going to hard to get used to but Lazenby does a good job even though it felt like sometimes the film makers were either giving Sean Connery the middle finger or trying to tell him that we still miss you by making sarcastic comments and showing us old gadgets and little nods towards previous Bond films, The story was good but the way it was told made an hour of the film drag on and was quite a bore, But where this Bond shines is in the action, There's no silly gadgets but doesn't get rid of those stupid one liners, But it has some good fight scenes and some very well shot chases car and skiing, Lazenby put more effort into the action in one film than Sean Connery ever did, Plus the ending was different to the others that worked well, I wouldn't of minded seeing Lazenby back as Bond even though character wise Connery suited the role better, Even though the film is over long and drags during its down time the action makes up for it.
½ July 25, 2016
It's sad how many people don't even know this movie exists. It is a real gem in all of the James Bond outings. George Lazenby is honestly not that bad. I wish we could have seen him expand in more Bond films. Very heart wrenching ending.
July 23, 2016
8 out of 10:

The runtime for this movie was dragged out, but other than that, On Her Majesty's Secret Service has really exciting action scenes and is probably the most visually stunning Bond movie.
July 23, 2016
A great example of British Cinema, and had it had Connery in it, it might have even been better than Goldfinger.
July 16, 2016
This is the only Bond film with that fella George Lazenby as 007, and it doesn't exactly have the best reputation in the saga, possibly due to that controversial casting choice. In truth, Lazenby is a bizarre affair: only partially decent and never really convincing as Bond, he is nevertheless not below par and he's definitely not distracting you from the film. Apart from that, it's business as usual: super-evil Blofeld is back and Bond is on his trail, giving us some good, vintage eye-candy.
½ July 14, 2016
Riggs and the ski chases not withstanding, the writing was trite and the editing was horrible. I can't believe this rated so high!
July 13, 2016
mostly boring with a cool ski chase and a couple far fetched death scenes.
July 10, 2016
Good acting and action scenes, though too lengthy, effects are dated, and dubbing is strange. Powerful ending
June 15, 2016
6/15/2016: My least favorite bond film so far. Other than the Bond girl, there really wasn't anything to enjoy in this film.
June 13, 2016
An entry in the James Bond franchise that may have gained a higher rating had Sean Connery stayed on or Roger Moore has joined earlier.
June 12, 2016
great story, characters, location and all. could've been phenomenal but george lazenby killed 007 as hayden christtensen killed star wars
June 4, 2016
Loved this Bond movie. Great twist at the end. 87 out of 100
½ May 23, 2016
Despite this being a memorable movie, and yet this film shows a huge impact on Bond's life, it is far too romantic and tragic to be a 007 movie. Not something anybody would expect to see in the series.
½ May 22, 2016
(Review a few years after seeing). I remember this one was pretty decent, given the obvious limitations in action sequences. Bond has his choice of women of every ethnicity at the bad guy's base at the top of a mountain. Hard to make up this kind of masculinity.
May 5, 2016
This is the 6th James Bound movie. The 7th James Bond movie Diamonds are forever is better. George Lazenby is great has James Bond. But Sean Connery.
April 4, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: Connery's later Bonds focused more on the action, but this offering focuses far more on character. As a result, this is one of the most involving, layered and moving films in the series. We get a touching love story and an all-new, fleshed out bond with a great, enjoyable performance from George Lazenby. What's more, we get a surprisingly developed bond girl and action in all the right places.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: Whilst Lazenby was a lovable and developed bond to watch, he arguably didn't show the darker side to the character that Connery managed to show - and he is fairly wooden. Also, the plot takes a little while to get going, offering a fairly one dimentional and uninteresting version of Blofeld.
VERDICT: It's one of the best of it's era, a much more layered, yet still enjoyable Bond film compared to many. Well done Lazenby.