On Our Merry Way - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

On Our Merry Way Reviews

½ February 20, 2016
I couldn't wait to see this film with its huge star cast. I should've waited.
½ February 10, 2016
A trio of stories strung together by Burgess Meredith, who breaks that 4th wall several times.
½ January 10, 2016
good stuff another lost review?!?!?!!?
April 24, 2015
I heard someone say baby...

An aspiring writer is down on his luck and can't write anything worth reading but worthless animal stories. His wife gives him a line to ask people, "tell me how a child has impacted your life." The reporter asks famous musicians, actresses, and politicians this question and receives unique stories of cruel children that impacted their lives for the better.

"What types of eggs are those?"
"Chicken eggs, whatja think?"

Four directors collaborate to deliver this interesting picture containing a wide range of characters and situations. The plots were interesting and felt like a series of short stories within an overarching primary plot. The characters are interesting and fairly well developed. The cast delivers above average performances and includes Burgess Meredith, James Stewart, Henry Fonda, Paulette Goddard, Fred MacMurray, and Harry James.

"Do you have to wear the bathing suit for the contest?"

I DVR'd this some time ago off Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and finally got around to watching it. I was impressed by the cast and their performances and the kids were interesting and fairly unpredictable. Overall, this is a fairly average movie that could have been better but was worth a viewing.

"You are a very mean, nasty little girl."

Grade: C+
jjnxn
September 27, 2013
How'd they get so many top rank stars to appear in this meager offering? Not dreadful but very minor. Jimmy & Henry's segment is the best plus there's a chance to see MacMurray & Demerest team up years before My Three Sons.
November 23, 2011
Good movie, I liked it.
October 24, 2010
A drama anthology film if that interests you, I found it annoying, they should have stuck with the first story.
July 2, 2010
I'm a Vidor junkie! Must see this film...even if it's bad like THE FOUNTAINHEAD!
March 9, 2009
Great movie, funny, and entertaining, a great cast, I highly recommend seeing it.
December 10, 2008
All of the stories mixed in here could have been their own movies, I didn't even care about the main character anymore by the end.
½ September 19, 2008
Not a great movie but it's fun to see all the stars together and James Stewart and Henry Fonda are hilarious as band managers. Ignore the lines and just watch their faces!
April 10, 2008
I would rather watch every episode of Oprah while smelling Oprah's sweaty armpit. I would rather vote for Obama or scrape the burnt off of toast. To put it simple, no, this movie will not be watched by me.
May 15, 2007
i want to be your friend
September 6, 2006
Good movie, I liked it.
½ June 27, 2006
Started off kind of slow, but then began to build up steam after the introduction of Henry Fonda and Jimmy Stewarts characters.