On the Basis of Sex Reviews

• Oct 16, 2019

It's not a very emotional story however it's good to know the history of women's rights and this is a part of it.

• Oct 05, 2019

RBG challenges gender discrimination in an unlikely way - through a man taking care of his mom. Felicity Jones nails it.

• Sep 27, 2019

A fine movie. Enjoyable story, well told with excellent performances by the cast -- especially Felicity Jones.

• Sep 26, 2019

Not sure about Felicity's off/on accent and it feels a bit cheap.

Not sure about Felicity's off/on accent and it feels a bit cheap.

• Sep 12, 2019

More an examination of the case that made her famous than the actual person herself, On The Basis Of Sex is still an entertaining drama about one person fighting against an unjust system, one which is willing to allow her to exist but not do anything outside of her assigned role. Felicity Jones is the best reason to watch the film, as her feisty performance keeps us rooting for her, and the makeup department for the job they've done in make her uncannily resemble the real RBG. The film has a problem that it shares with the Spielberg film The Post, in that much of the dialogue is argumentative, and is filled with political/legal jargon, to the point that I often found myself switching off mid-conversation. But the big moments are satisfying, though I could have done without the inspirational music that accompanies them all, and when the lead character triumphs, the film triumphs. It's a strong statement on equality being achieved in a difficult time, and it shows us just how determined RBG was, and how her success has helped to inspire and compel the generations which followed.

• Sep 11, 2019

A great and timely film.

A great and timely film.

• Sep 07, 2019

Action looks too dramatized for getting impact (according to RBG documentary, RBG was quite calmed during the sessions), although it is a good reflection about ways to work for feminism.

• Sep 05, 2019

Emotional. Although a good one'll do that.

Emotional. Although a good one'll do that.

• Aug 16, 2019

Is it based on the book "My Own Words"?

Is it based on the book "My Own Words"?

• Aug 10, 2019

Excellent acting and direction. Important stories that are now part of our nation's history.