On the Basis of Sex Reviews

• 2d ago

Loved this movie, inspiring and empowering.

Loved this movie, inspiring and empowering.

• Oct 06, 2020

A solid enough and inspiring biopic about the late, great Ruth Bader Ginsburg. It tells her story from when she started university in the 1950s as one of very few woman allowed at the time to study at Harvard and charts her career as a professor at Columbia before going on to take on cases relating to sexual equality. Notable and centrally to the movie the case Charles E Moritz who was denied a deduction in his taxes to cover the care for his elderly mother which would have been allowed had he been a woman or a widower. A truly remarkable woman, the movie shows how Bader Ginsburg balanced a family life, personal difficulty and discrimination to become one of the standout figures of the equality movement in the late 20th and early 21st century. Not only is this movie educational and moving it is also an uplifting story about a truly great woman who's loss is a blow to the civil liberties and liberal movement not only in the USA but also around the world.

• Oct 04, 2020

Good movie w a nice story, but the ending was a bit lame. Should have shown her winning more in court

• Donna
    Sep 28, 2020

Wonderful tribute honoring the pioneer who opened doors for so many women!

Wonderful tribute honoring the pioneer who opened doors for so many women!

• william stokes
    Sep 28, 2020

Like this movie because it was empowering

Like this movie because it was empowering

• Lisa
    Sep 27, 2020

Great family friendly movie about a strong and smart woman who changed the country for women and made history.

• Dennis B
    Sep 27, 2020

We loved it. It had us both cheering and crying. Provided often forgotten insights into the 50's, 60's and 70's and how many of the same issues are still with us today! We highly recommend it.

• Sep 27, 2020

so good! much better than the reviews let on. epic court battle at the end

so good! much better than the reviews let on. epic court battle at the end

• Keith Perry
    Sep 27, 2020

Absolutely fantastic movie . I learned a lot !!!!

Absolutely fantastic movie . I learned a lot !!!!

• Carrie H
    Sep 27, 2020

This lady lawyer LOVED the movie. The ability to own a law firm, raise a family, and have financial and intellectual independence is mine because of Ruth Bader Ginsburg and others of her her generation. My husband liked it too.